• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Oasis of the Seas sailing from Florida to Southampton and back. Would you take a transatlantic cruise?

Rate this topic

Jason

The world’s largest cruise ship, Oasis of the Seas, will offer cruises in Europe for the first time in autumn 2014, including making its first ever port of call into Southampton on 15 October 2014, Royal Caribbean International said in a statement.

The UK is the second biggest source market for Royal Caribbean International after the US.

Oasis of the Seas will leave Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, its home port since December 2009, on 1 September 2014 on a 12-night eastbound transatlantic cruise to Barcelona. The ship will return to Port Everglades on a 13-night westbound transatlantic cruise on 14 October 2014, departing from Rotterdam in the Netherlands and calling into Southampton on 15 October 2014 where UK guests can join the ship to sail across the Atlantic.

When Oasis of the Seas arrives in Southampton, it will be 40 per cent larger than any other cruise ship to ever dock in the UK and will join two further Royal Caribbean International cruise ships based in the port.

Jo Rzymowska, associate vice president and general manager, Royal Caribbean International, UK and Ireland, explains: “Oasis of the Seas sailing from Southampton is going to be the hottest ticket in town. Bringing the world’s largest and most innovative cruise ship to Europe, and specifically the UK and Southampton, is testament to how much the cruise industry has grown. When Oasis of the Seas was launched, the ship was a real game-changer for the cruise industry and it continues to be one of the most innovative holiday resorts in the world. Royal Caribbean International is proud to have a long heritage of ships calling in and based from Southampton and we’re very excited to add Oasis of the Seas to this.”

By Kari Reinikainen, Cruise Business Review

For more cruise news & articles go to http://www.cruisecrazies.com/index.html

Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more

http://www.cruisecrazies.com

Click here to view the article

I would like to give the cruise a try. I would like to try Royal Caribbean but it would not be my first choice because I really am not one that cares for the big ships. The med is of little interest to me but the baltics are of interest to me and Southhampton is a place I hope to go to some day.

Hi Paul, you should definitely give Royal Caribbean a try! If you don’t think the big ships are right for you, we highly recommend their Radiance Class ships. They’re our favorite Royal Caribbean ships – we find them the perfect balance of features and intimacy – always a great cruise!

Maybe it’s a “romantic” notion, but we’d like our first transatlantic cruise to be a real New York to London (Southampton) sailing (or the reverse) with no port stops. That probably means a Cunard cruise. After that anything goes – we always enjoy sea days!