• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival troubles help drive prices down

Rate this topic

Jason

The fallout from Carnival Cruises’ recent troubles has reportedly added to cruise prices in the US being driven down and not just on Carnival vessels, but also other vessels, with the other major factor also being that this time of year is the US’ shoulder cruising season.

Apparently, Carnival is not the only line offering cabins at great rates, with the low prices on several cruises less likely to be the result of a troubled industry than also timing, with this period between spring break and summer when kids are in school, when cruise lines need to fill ships, according to an ABC report in the US.

The report says that whether one cabin is sold or the ship is sold out when a cruise ship departs, it is in the cruise line's best interest to get as many passengers on board as possible even for a very low prices, in the hope they will spend money on the ship, whether it be on alcohol, spa treatments or shore excursions.

The report says at least five cruises leaving in the next few weeks are priced at less than $US50 per person, per night, which includes all meals and on board entertainment, but not taxes and fees, which need to be added at around $50 a day, so that is a cruise at $US100 a day.

To top it all, it also appears that Royal Caribbean is offering a three night Eastern Caribbean cruise departing 21 April on Grandeur of the Seas from Colon, Panama, to San Juan, Puerto Rico for $US69 fo the three days, that is $US23 a night for an inside cabin or with a balcony $US56 per night.

Source: e-Travel Blackboard

For more cruise news & articles go to http://www.cruisecrazies.com/index.html

Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more

http://www.cruisecrazies.com

Click here to view the article

• 2 weeks later...

I had already booked before all the problems... I saw the prices had gone down... so I called my guy at Carnival.. got a $60.00 reduction in my November 2013 cruise.. I called my sister to tell her, and she and her husband are booked in the cabin next to us now... LOL...