• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carnival Freedom Sept 2013

Rate this topic

For all the vacations and cruises that we have been on, we have never been able to "find the cruise cheaper" after we booked. Most times, we will hear that the offer that is advertised is for new bookings only, or it's not the same category that you paid for.

Well, this drought is over. We booked our upcoming Sept 2013 cruise right after we finished the Sept 2012 cruise. We paid, what we thought was a fair price for an 8-night balcony cabin (selecting our room). We opted for the Early Bird special.

Right after the rash of disasters, I was watching to see if the price changed. It never did. Then, about a week before Easter week, the price dropped $100/person. Early Bird special, balcony cabin. So of course I called to see if this applied to us.

Carnival was WONDERFUL. Not only did our price drop, but I was told that I could continue to watch the rates up to 3-days before sailing and that any adjustments after the cruise had been paid for would be rendered in shipboard credit.

Second week of April I noticed that the price dropped again. This time we saved $25/person.

Just Tuesday, Carnival advertised ship board credit up to $50/cabin for "certain" cabins. So I called. Yep, we were also eligible for that as well. Carnival did offer to upgrade us, but we would have no guarantee of the room. I thanked them but said that we were quite pleased with the particular room that we had previously selected.

I'm tickled (and I'm still watching the prices).

Now we're hoping that the airfare goes down as well.