• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Avoid Pickpockets, Purse Snatchers and Thieves in Port

Rate this topic

Jan115

Very good common sense advise everybody should follow. Thanks for posting.

Years ago in my first life my late wife had a thief grab money from her rear jean pocket at a fall festival. I was walking a few feet behind her and my young daughters at the time and made a leap and tackled the culprit. He tried to stab me with surgical scissors so I cold cocked him and held him for the police. He had a very long arrest record and carried the scissors because as a felon he would be arrested for carrying a knife!

Years ago in my first life my late wife had a thief grab money from her rear jean pocket at a fall festival. I was walking a few feet behind her and my young daughters at the time and made a leap and tackled the culprit. He tried to stab me with surgical scissors so I cold cocked him and held him for the police. He had a very long arrest record and carried the scissors because as a felon he would be arrested for carrying a knife!

Good for you Keith. He robbed a woman, never expecting to meet up with you!

A friend of mine recently went on a cruise and when they got to Jamaica the Captain announced that everyone should be careful and do NOT take a lot of money with you (or valuables). As soon as they got off the ship, they saw a young boy approach a woman who was apparently begging for money. What did she do???? She opened her purse right out in public and from no where all of these kids came running and just reached in her bag. There was nothing she could really do because she was over-whelmed by how many there were. Ladies no large purses on vacation please...you are asking for trouble. A small cross-body purse (they can be as cheap as $14 at Marshalls). I felt sorry for the woman, but the Captain had just announced not to take a lot of money on the Island, and to be careful and what does she do (thinking it's only one small boy), she opens her purse up in public for all to see. I know she won't do that again.