• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

What Is Your Favorite Embarkation Port? (Poll)

Rate this topic

My Favorite Embarkation Port Is.......  

8 members have voted

1. 1. When I Cruise, I Would Rather Sail From........

• New York
    • New Jersey
    • Boston
    • Miami
    • Port Canaveral, FL
    • Fort Lauderdale, FL.
    • Tampa, FL.
    • Seattle, WA.
    • New Orleans
    • Don't Know...Waiting To Book Our First Cruise
    • Other (Add Below)

We always talk about ships, cruise lines, destinations etc. here on CruiseCrazies. But what are some of our favorite embarkation ports? There are so many to choose from. But do we decide on a cruise using the embarkation port as one of the deciding factors? Tell the rest of us why!!! Sound off Crazies...........

For me, I chose Tampa, FL. as our favorite so far. We have sailed from N.Y. , Miami (YUCH), Ft. Lauderdale and Port Canaveral. So far, with a 10 minute terminal to ship time, Tampa, FL. is the winner :thumbup:

Fort Lauderdale wins my vote. Is it that it is only 5 miles from my condo? Or is it that it is so easy to get in and out? Or is it that it is so close to Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport? Maybe all of the above!

So far my favorite is Long Beach, CA. They had it together when we cruised several years ago. Now, we are leaving from New Orleans next year. I hope that it is as organized as Long Beach.

I know I'm biased, but mine is definitely Galveston!! I've heard that if you have to fly in, it can be a real pain -- but most cruisers drive in to the port anyway, from what I understand.

Galveston is just magical... The island has *so* much fascinating history, has some truly gorgeous architecture, wonderful places to go such as Moody Gardens, The Railroad Museum, the Strand historical district, the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum, Schlitterbahn, and so much more. Miles of free access beaches. Tons of fun and places to eat, drink, and shop along the Seawall. Abundant sunshine, seagulls circling overhead, friendly people... It's just the best. :-) :-)

-gina-

I know I'm biased, but mine is definitely Galveston!! I've heard that if you have to fly in, it can be a real pain -- but most cruisers drive in to the port anyway, from what I understand.

Galveston is just magical... The island has *so* much fascinating history, has some truly gorgeous architecture, wonderful places to go such as Moody Gardens, The Railroad Museum, the Strand historical district, the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig Museum, Schlitterbahn, and so much more. Miles of free access beaches. Tons of fun and places to eat, drink, and shop along the Seawall. Abundant sunshine, seagulls circling overhead, friendly people... It's just the best. :-) :-)

-gina-

WOW GINA!!! Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds as though you are a bit partial to Galveston!!!! :laugh:

There's a Schlitterbahn on Galveston now? When I lived in Texas, there was only the one in the New Braunfels area.

We've cruised from Tampa, FLL, Miami, Port Canaveral, Galveston, San Pedro, Vancouver, New Orleans and Mobile. Our favorite was Mobile, maybe because it was our nearest. Our favorite FL port is Tampa.