• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - 5-Day on the Amsterdam

Rate this topic

AndiD

Thanks for sharing your cruise review. As I mentioned to you previously, I have friends sailing the Alaska itinerary in a couple of weeks, and I sure hope they work out the plumbing issues by then and that my friends don't return disappointed.

Good, honest review, Andi. I like hearing the good and the bad, which is how I write my reviews. I can understand the awkwardness of joining a cruise underway. I think we all enjoy the sailaway, when collectively, the entire ship is starting its journey together. It sounds like there was a bit of "seniority" attitude going on, which could be a downer. Also, the plumbing problems. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself anyway, but I can see how a first-time cruiser might be convinced not to come back, if they were forced to take showers in the spa. Time to bring the ol' girl into dry dock and flush her pipes! Maybe a large bottle of Drano will help.

Thanks Andi for the review. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that you should have done a little more research. I, too, would have thought that the cruise was ending in Canada. I, too, would have been a tad bit surprised to learn that others would be staying on for a much longer sailing. Wow, can you imagine being on there for all that time with the plumbing issues?

We enjoyed reading your very nice review. Plumbing issues on HAL ships seem to be an ongoing probem. Maybe they do need what Kevin has suggested!

I agree that they have been ongoing - we sailed on the Ryndam back in 2000 and I remember many of the public bathrooms being "down" and that ship was fairly new at the time!

• 2 weeks later...