• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Unique Cruise Experiences for Children

Rate this topic

Jason

No one can entertain kids like Disney. While I haven't experienced a Disney cruise, I have done the "World" several times, and the non-Disney cruise lines just didn't do it for my kids like the resort kids' programs did.

It's funny -- When you say the words "Disney" and "cruise line" to people who maybe aren't that familiar with DCL, they picture primary colors and non-stop Disney in your face 24/7, but it's SO not like that. The ships, the Magic and Wonder specifically, are so elegant and just gorgeous. The Magic is decorated in an art deco style and the Wonder in art nouveau, and both are classic and stunning with their polished hardwoods, marble floors, and brushed nickel fixtures. Okay, that really did sound like a travel brochure... lol... but all I'm trying to say is they are not what you might expect.

I hope you get to go someday -- with kids or not! I can honestly say that after the 3 lines I've sailed, Disney does the best job hands-down of keeping the adult-only areas truly adult only, and (oddly enough) has a better turnout and better cruise staff support for singles/single parents. I always have the absolute time of my life! And so does my son. :-)

-gina-

The Magic is decorated in an art deco style and the Wonder in art nouveau, and both are classic and stunning with their polished hardwoods, marble floors, and brushed nickel fixtures. Okay, that really did sound like a travel brochure... lol... but all I'm trying to say is they are not what you might expect.

-gina-

Gina, we loved our suite onboard the Magic. The woods, etched glass, fixtures were the highest quality and most nautical feel of any ship we've been on. The rotating dining room schedule was unique, and their kids program was the best.

Unfortunately, Disney's prices are higher than some of the other lines, which is why we now prefer Royal Caribbean. But I think Disney should give you a permanent discount, because I think you've probably sold a few cruises on this thread alone. :biggrin:

Gina, we loved our suite onboard the Magic. The woods, etched glass, fixtures were the highest quality and most nautical feel of any ship we've been on. The rotating dining room schedule was unique, and their kids program was the best.

Unfortunately, Disney's prices are higher than some of the other lines, which is why we now prefer Royal Caribbean. But I think Disney should give you a permanent discount, because I think you've probably sold a few cruises on this thread alone. :biggrin:

Yeah, DCL pricing can definitely be sticker-shock-inducing... The best thing with Disney is to never, ever sail when kids are out of school. I have seen costs double. Going in the off season brings them closer to other lines cost-wise. Still expensive, but not nearly as bad.

Unfortunately, with them pulling back out of Galveston this Fall, this past cruise will probably be our last on our beloved Magic for quite some time. But that's okay, because we love Royal too! :smile:

But for any of you with kids (or without!), they are running some really great specials on the final sailings of the Magic out of Galveston... Worth a look if you live close by, or are willing to drive a bit.

No one can entertain kids like Disney. While I haven't experienced a Disney cruise, I have done the "World" several times, and the non-Disney cruise lines just didn't do it for my kids like the resort kids' programs did.

It's funny -- When you say the words "Disney" and "cruise line" to people who maybe aren't that familiar with DCL, they picture primary colors and non-stop Disney in your face 24/7, but it's SO not like that. The ships, the Magic and Wonder specifically, are so elegant and just gorgeous. The Magic is decorated in an art deco style and the Wonder in art nouveau, and both are classic and stunning with their polished hardwoods, marble floors, and brushed nickel fixtures. Okay, that really did sound like a travel brochure... lol... but all I'm trying to say is they are not what you might expect.

I hope you get to go someday -- with kids or not! I can honestly say that after the 3 lines I've sailed, Disney does the best job hands-down of keeping the adult-only areas truly adult only, and (oddly enough) has a better turnout and better cruise staff support for singles/single parents. I always have the absolute time of my life! And so does my son. :-)

-gina-

Now that I have a new grandson to spoil, you're giving me an idea!