• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Lighten Your Luggage and Avoid Baggage Fees

Rate this topic

Jan115

I find that I tend to overpack so over time Impack less and less and use the ships laundry if need be. Just need a good supply of undies and socks.

What is the average cost of ship's laundry?

I've never done laundry or ordered the service while aboard a ship, but I just looked up the rates for Carnival. Self-service is $3.50 per washer or dryer load. To have the laundry people clean your clothes will cost between $2.00 and 7.50 per article, depending on what it is. Dry cleaning costs between $3.50 and $10.50 per item. I imagine the other lines rates would be similar. Of course, laundry services are free if you're a cruise line's top level loyalty member.

We are going to Alaska for several weeks including a week on a cruise. I'm going to try to get laundry done before getting on the boat and then maybe after. I think it's a bit pricey plus who wants to waste time doing laundry while on board lol!

Good to know if there's a clothing emergency, the option is there.

I'm with you, Denna. I hate doing laundry at home, and I certainly don't want to do it on my vacation. Then again, the longest I've cruised is 7 days. I imagine it would be handy on a longer cruise.