• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Reply Received From RCCL Regarding May Jewel Cruise

Rate this topic

Sarge6870

As you know, I had sent a review to RCCL about our May 2nd cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. I also wrote a post about the importance of mailing a post cruise review to the cruise line corporate office and sending a copy to your cruise agent. As I mentioned near the end of my post about writing the cruise line post cruise, it does take some time to receive a response. I also mentioned how I have done this with every one of the 8 prior cruises I had taken. It took two months to receive a response from RCCL. Once again, my approach was well received by RCCL. Not only did their corporate office respond but so did an associate in their office in a separate letter. They were grateful I had brought the short comings and positives of the cruise to their attention and were apologetic for them and said they would be investigated and closely monitored to assure these things will not happen on future RCCL cruises as well as the crew members I stated in the review would receive commendations for their performance. They also offered us a $50pp (not per cabin, per person) OBC for use on any future cruise booked on RCCL. We will use that OBC on our booked Brilliance of the Seas cruise in November 2013 ALONG with the $150 OBC our cruise agent has offered for being a customer with them since 1990 AND the (up to) $250 OBC just because we booked the Brilliance cruise with our Mastercard. So were looking at up to $500 in OBC for our November cruise!!!

Now please keep in mind, I do NOT send these reviews to the cruise lines for gain of any type. Cruise lines have so many vessels and as I have stated in my posts, they do appreciate the feedback and offer these future amenities for taking the time to share your insight into your cruise and into their line. Just remember, you have to send your review to the corporate office, not their online "Contact Us" link to get a response. Their corporate office is where the "controls" are.