• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Celebrity #1 in mega ship category per a Travel and Leisure poll

Rate this topic

I think most folks think of the Oasis class ships when the term mega ship is mentioned. Yet it seems, at least for those who voted in this poll that the S class ships are clear favorites. RCI finished 5th in fact. I thought that the Equinox was the nicest ship I've ever been on though I have not been on an Oasis class ship so I can't compare them.

If you have been on both S and Oasis class ships how do you compare them?

Also I do wonder if the fact that Oasis class ships have limited routes, confined to the eastern and western Caribbean limits their exposure. I would like to try one but these routes really don't excite me.

What are your thoughts?

For me, it's easy, Larry. 3,046 passengers on S-class Reflection or 5,400 on Oasis. Oasis is just too damn big for me. And your right - I can think of better ships on which to sail the Caribbean.

We’ve cruised aboard both Celebrity Solstice and Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas. We definitely preferred Celebrity Solstice but it had nothing to do with the size of the ships.

True, the Oasis-class ships are enormous, but we thought they actually felt less crowded than Freedom-class or Voyager-class ships. They’re laid out so well they actually reminded us more the Royal Caribbean’s Radiance-class ships!

Back to the comparison: we felt that Solstice had much better food and much better service (Allure did have better entertainment). Overall we just enjoyed the entire Celebrity experience more!

We haven't been on either class, but would love to do either. It is rare to see a review on the Oasis class that felt she ever felt too crowded. I do have to agree with you, Larry, the Oasis class is very expensive for their itineraries.

We haven't been on either class, but would love to do either. It is rare to see a review on the Oasis class that felt she ever felt too crowded. I do have to agree with you, Larry, the Oasis class is very expensive for their itineraries.

I do wonder when they will change their itineraries. Mayb when the Quantum class comes out?

Th

I do wonder when they will change their itineraries. Maybe when the Quantum class comes out?

The Quantum Class is a bit smaller than the Oasis Class. There are not too many ports that can hold these ships. I guess they can tender in, but that's a lot of people to tender.

The Quantum Class is a bit smaller than the Oasis Class. There are not too many ports that can hold these ships. I guess they can tender in, but that's a lot of people to tender.

Royal Caribbean has stated that they will never take an Oasis-class ship to a tender-only port – they need to be able to dock. Not sure if the same will apply to Quantum-class…

I agree, having sailed on Allure and Oasis, and an S class Celebrity ship. Celebrity wins hands down. More port variety, and not feeling one of a crowd. And personally I think the RCL food is just run of the mill, and I like to be wowed. I have been wowed by Celebrity food.

I agree, having sailed on Allure and Oasis, and an S class Celebrity ship. Celebrity wins hands down. More port variety, and not feeling one of a crowd. And personally I think the RCL food is just run of the mill, and I like to be wowed. I have been wowed by Celebrity food.

I tend to agree, especially when it comes to the lunch buffet. IMO the buffet selections on the Equinox last fall was the best we have had, even better than the previous best on the Tahitian, now Ocean Princess which had to serve only 700 passengers.