• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Aggravated by 'chair hogs'?

Rate this topic

Mach

On many of the cruises I've been on my first sortie to the Lido Deck pool each day would find me being faced by a sea of deck chairs with towels, sunscreen bottles, beach covers and whatever else on the chairs to tell the world that this chair is 'reserved.' Most cruise lines have a policy regarding 'reserving' seats in theaters or chairs at the pools. Carnival's policy is that if a deck chair remains unattended for 40 minutes any towels, clothing items, etc will be removed by the crew to make the chair available for anyone looking for somewhere to park. Sometimes it works... often it doesn't.

A few days ago I took a peek at the webcam from the Carnival Magic. EVERY deck chair had a towel!! A bit of a closer looked revealed an important detail...

towelsondeckresized_zps9cdbc274.jpg

Towel animals!!! How cool! The cabin stewards had been out in the pre-dawn hours to build a towel critter for each of the deck chairs! In this image there are 83 towel animals standing smartly at attention. I LOVE it!!!

If ya' can't beat 'em... join 'em!!!

:biggrin:

I have seen pictures of this before, but have yet to catch it on one of our actual cruises!! I'm not giving up though... I can't imagine what it would look like in person! I love it!!

I have seen pictures of this before, but have yet to catch it on one of our actual cruises!! I'm not giving up though... I can't imagine what it would look like in person! I love it!!