• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Back from the Grand Princess to Alaska!

Rate this topic

Jan115

Janice, we loved the British Isles in the summer. We had a mix of weather - ranging from cool and wet to sunny and warm. But it was great - no humidity, no sweating! If I had my way, I would do the British Isles again, or the Fjords. I am trying to convince my husband, but he won't budge from the Mediterranean next August.

You folks have gone on a lot of cruises. What's been your favorite?

Hi Janice! There is no way we could pick a favorite. Every cruise we’ve been on has been unique and special and wonderful. We often cruise with family and friends and we always make great memories. We have our next trip to Alaska planned and we wouldn’t hesitate to return to the Caribbean but there is a lot more of Europe we really want to see. While we’ll never give up big-ship cruising, our newest passion is river cruising (number five later this year) – it’s just a magnificent way to relax and be immersed in a destination! (You mentioned Paris/Normandy. We’ve done the river cruise from Paris to the beaches of Normandy twice and it’s so much more than the name says!) Feel free to message us if you have any specific questions (I don’t want to hijack Jan’s Alaska post :smile:). Happy cruising!

Janice, we loved the British Isles in the summer. We had a mix of weather - ranging from cool and wet to sunny and warm. But it was great - no humidity, no sweating! If I had my way, I would do the British Isles again, or the Fjords. I am trying to convince my husband, but he won't budge from the Mediterranean next August.

At some point I want to do a cruise that is Northern Europe which stops in Copenhagen. We subscribe to a cruising magazine and their description of Copenhagen as a port really made me want to go there.

Welcome back Jan! Loooove your pics. We have cruised to Alaska twice once on the Sea Princess (which we added the cruisetour to and FELL IN LOVE WITH ALASKA!) The next one was on the Diamond Princess. We have been out of San Francisco and Seattle and absolutely love them both. We also did Muirwoods and Sausalito .... magic, although I think I love the feel of Seattle a little more. As you can see by my signature we were loyal Princess fans and still think they are the absolute best for Alaska and then we found Royal Caribbean. We never had a bad experience on Princess, love the ships - I think we can safely say we love Princess and Royal equally. I see you are going on the Brilliance soon .......

Thanks, Jan, for the pictures. Really makes us want to see Alaska. Right now the air is more than the cruise. But I keep looking ...

I hear you, Debbie. We will be facing the same obstacle to reach our Mediterranean cruise next summer. Ugh!

Right now the air is more than the cruise.

That seems to be true more and more often these days Debbie. For many years now (15-20) we’ve put every single purchase that we can, even as little as a single postage stamp, on an airline miles credit card. We pay the bills off in-full every month and use the miles to fly to cruise ports all over – at least two big flights every year! You have to check prices though – sometimes using miles is a waste. We may pay to fly to San Juan or New York but Hawaii/Alaska/Europe (sometimes all in one year!) works great with the miles!