• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Cruise prices plunge as summer ends. Who loves cruising this time of year?

Rate this topic

Jason

We really loved the cruise we took to Hawaii three years ago in October. It was amazing in how few children there were. A very different experience then our other cruises. Our next cruise is to the Caribbean in early November.

Janice

Yikes! Mine has gone up, too. I guess it pays to book early!

That's why we always try to book 9 to 12 months out Jan :wink2:

We book that early because my husband has to book his vacations very early in order to get the time he wants.

People think we are nuts because we cruise during "hurricane" season. I love it because you get a great vacation at an incredible price!

Don't remember if I filled you all in. Our balcony cabin that we originally paid $929/person almost 15 months ago...HA! We now have $252 on board credit and the price that we paid was $599/person

People think we are nuts because we cruise during "hurricane" season. I love it because you get a great vacation at an incredible price!

Don't remember if I filled you all in. Our balcony cabin that we originally paid $929/person almost 15 months ago...HA! We now have $252 on board credit and the price that we paid was $599/person

I've had a bunch of experiences just like that...our cruise at the end of October started out at $1063/person. We're currently at $761/person!! Now, that's a pretty nice break! With a bit of luck we'll see a little more of a drop that will show up as OBC!!!

:biggrin:

I guess I can look at it this way.....The price for the cruise and cabin we booked has gone UP by $800pp. As a matter of fact, according to the RCCL website, there are no balconies even available anymore for my cruise. Hmmm...wonder if we'll get upgraded!! So, in fact, we did get a price reduction???? :wacko:

BTW...Final payment was made today and I completed the online check-in. NOW, it's starting to feel real (again) :thumbup:

On our cruise we started out at $329 per person for an Ocean View Cabin on a 5-day cruise... we are now at $162 per person... so... Needless to say... I am very happy with this price reduction from Carnival...

Karen, you are so right. They are giving this to you. You go girl!!

Sarge, we have been in your shoes on all of our other cruises. By the time it's cruisetime, the cost of the ship is up, up, up. So you did get a good deal! Congrats on final payment.