• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

A few words from Rick Steves about Cruising ...

Rate this topic

Jan115

From Facebook: Rick Steves discovered what the rest of us have known all along - that cruising can be fun!

"Cruising makes a lot of travelers happy. That’s clear every night when we enjoy our evenings on board the Emerald Princess. Some friends of this blog have commented that they can’t believe I’m advocating cruising. I’m not pro or con cruising. It simply works for lots of people. I’m learning about it and hoping to help those who like cruising to get the most out of their precious shore time. That’s why we’ve written our cruise guidebooks to both Northern European and Mediterranean ports, that’s why I’m on this ship, and I’m having a great time while I’m at it. Go back to posts from September 2011 to read my reports on our Mediterranean cruise." Rick Steves, September 2013

1238006_10151711491362745_519720148_n.jp

Hmmm. I did not know that he cruised. Always thought otherwise as his shows were all land vacations.

That's just it. I never got the impression that he likes cruises. Even in his port guide books, though he talks about all the great things you can see, he never really advocates cruising. So when I saw this, I was just thrilled. I love his books and his TV show and have great respect for the guy. Even though he most likely still prefers a land tour, he went on the Emerald Princess with an open mind and had a good time. :biggrin: