• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal Princess loses power...

Rate this topic

Mach

The brand new Royal Princess lost power in the Med over the weekend and is making her way to Naples for repairs...

http://www.maritime-executive.com/article/Royal-Princess-Cruse-Ship-Loses-Power-in-Middle-of-Mediterranean-2013-09-23/

As I've said in the past, a cruise ship is a machine and machines occasionally break...

I don't recall hearing anything about this in our local news, radio or papers. Amazing as to what cruiseship stories get "exploited".

I agree, machines breakdown. It's a shame that it has to spoil someone's vacation.

"As I've said in the past, a cruise ship is a machine and machines occasionally break..."

That's right Mach...be them old OR new!!!!

Yep... old or new. That's why new cars come with a warranty... SOMETHING is likely to go wrong... minor or major something is likely to go wrong....

I don't recall hearing anything about this in our local news, radio or papers. Amazing as to what cruiseship stories get "exploited".

I agree, machines breakdown. It's a shame that it has to spoil someone's vacation.

For sure. Just this morning on Fox News there was a piece about the captain of the Costa Concordia who is currently on trial for 32 instances of manslaughter. They had to add that 'Carnival Cruise Lines' is the parent company of Costa. They LOVE to bash Carnival. Of course, Carnival Cruise Lines is NOT the parent company of Costa... Carnival PLC is but they never mention that...