• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Royal Caribbean holiday cruise

Rate this topic

Brandee1013

My hubby and I are taking our second cruise on RC leaving Baltimore on Christmas Eve and return after the new year.....is there any special holiday events, meals, etc.? Fireworks or NY Eve countdown? Just curious as what to expect; thanks for all advice and feedback

Hi Brandee,

Lucky you! I have been begging my husband to go on a Christmas cruise, but he won't have any of it.

Found this little description on another site of Holiday activities on RCI last year (2012), so I imagine it would be similar:

"Hanukkah: A rabbi will be onboard for services. Hanukkah will be celebrated with lighting ceremonies, songs, games, food and even a kids' history of Hanukkah.

Christmas: Christmas celebrations will feature holiday music and decorations, as well as screenings of holiday movie classics in the theater, an ice-skating party (on ships that have rinks) and a special Christmas menu. Religious services will be led by an onboard priest. Kids in Adventure Ocean can enjoy a parade of Santa and his elves, Christmas cookie decorating, and a professional face painter or caricaturist.

New Year's Eve: Festive countdown parties for kids and teens are planned, and the children's center will have extended hours. For adults, each lounge will have a New Year's Eve party, complete with party favors and decorations. The captain and cruise director will lead a countdown at midnight."

Sounds like fun. Enjoy!

So jealous. Hope you have a grand time.

We were on NCL in Hawaii in December. They had door decorating contests (even supplied crafts). Each dining room, bar, meeting room had a tree and each tree was decorated. As a ship guest, you got to vote on which tree you liked the best. Most of the music was Xmas theme music or winter music (which is amusing if you think about it since we're in Hawaii).

Have a blast and enjoy whatever is thrown your way!

We have done both NYE and Christmas with RCI and loved them all. We are doing New Years on Freedom this year. Balloon drop at midnight, noisemakers and hats as well. Christmas will bring Santa and Egg Nog! Lots of fun!

Be aware that there may np e an extra formal because of the holidays. Check with RCI.