• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

galapogas celebrity may 18 2014

Rate this topic

macaws2

Afraid I can't help you with a camera lens....but it is definitely worth getting an underwater one if you snorkel and/or dive. We just had a disposable one since we don't do much underwater, but it did well - capturing manta rays, sea turtles - all kinds of creatures! Do take a good insect repellent and a hat. I NEVER wear hats.....ended up buying one on the ship - the sun can be relentless! I can't wait for you to take this trip just so you will come back and tell us all about it - I can relive it again!

I know what you mean about the sun being relentless. We had the pleasure of living in Guam and Okinawa japan,my husband was air force active duty, so would basically live at the beaches with diving and snorkeling. In Okinawa Japan I can't tell how many hours we would literally comb all along the beaches climbing over more lava rock that I thought I ever would in my life time searching for glass balls. Cant wait to get to the galapogas islands and enjoy the Terrain and animals that they have to offer.that was the most exciting thing when beach combing in okinawa or taking treks into the jungle interior of Guam was that you never knew what you were going to see around that next bend.

Ha - so you are very experienced in hiking over the lava rock in the heat! You definitely will do a lot of that in the Galapagos! As long as I could keep the sweat out of my eyes I didn't mind that it was 116 degrees with no shade - everything was just too fascinating to worry about a little heat, LOL!