• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sun Princess reveals $30 Million Makeover Plans

Rate this topic

Jason

Returning to Sydney for her 2013/14 summer season, Princess Cruises’ Sun Princess has unveiled a $30 million refurbishment.

The cruise line has introduced a Japanese restaurant, Kai Sushi, replacing the Champagne bar and The Atrium boasts a new 24 hour International Cafe, improving the Patisserie Bar.

The Lotus spa now offers a more relaxed environment while the revamped Horizon Court buffet has new menu items, more space and more seating.

Meg Koffel Princess Cruises PR manager said Sun Princess brings new features with Asia-inspired elements which will appeal to the Australian and Asian markets.

Sun-Princess-International-Cafe-a12.jpg

The International Cafe is now the social heart of the vessel and is a great meeting spot to catch-up with friends. Hot and cold drinks start from A$1.50 with the espresso coffee card priced at A$35 for 15 coffees.

Sun-Princess-atrium.jpg

Set on the lower level of the refreshed Atrium, the International Cafe has opened with 30% more seating serving complimentary pastries and sandwiches.

Dining-in-Kai-Sushi4.jpg

Bringing a touch of the Orient, Sun Princess’ Kai Sushi restaurant serves all you can eat sushi, sashimi and seafood prepared by Japanese chefs.

Kai-Sushi2.jpg

Open for lunch and dinner, Kai Sushi offers Princess’ passengers a new Japanese style experience for A$20 surcharge.

Sterling-Steakhouse.jpg

On deck 12, the Horizon Court buffet and Stirling Steakhouse have been totally revamped, offering improved access and less congestion. A new Ramen noodle station, pastry shop and coffee bar is now available open from 5am to midnight, catering for up to 492 passengers.

Continuing outdoors, the Hamburger Grill on the ships top deck has been transformed into an al fresco venue seating 70 people with ice cream bar and coffee menu.

The Lotus Spa has also received a makeover with new furnishings, decor and refreshed treatment rooms offering singles or couples a new relaxed ambience. Services now include Japanese Ofuro baths.

Sun Princess is presently sailing on a series of roundtrip cruises from Sydney to New Zealand, Queensland and the South Pacific before returning to Japan in April 2014.

By ETB News: R.M.

For more cruise news & articles go to http://www.cruisecrazies.com/index.html

Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more

http://www.cruisecrazies.com

Click here to view the article

Sounds wonderful! Haven't been on Princess, yet, but am considering an Alaska cruise in 2015 with some friends. Have to tell a quick funny story. For my second cruise I was so excited to book a cruise on Princess for the Mexican Riviera. They had an offer for two weeks, the second week for only $99 per person. I had loved watching the "Love Boat" series and was excited to sail on Princess. Well, after I booked the cruise, I realized that the "Cunard Princess" was not Princess lines, but "Cunard." LOL I was so excited about the second week price, that I totally didn't check into the ship enough...LOL I was still new at this cruise thing then. It was also my honeymoon cruise, so I had a lot on my mind back then. LOL The cruise turned out to be wonderful, though.

Shari, that's a very amusing story. It's amazing how much we learn with each new cruise! I've never sailed Cunard, but it must have been a very nice honeymoon cruise. You will love Alaska! We also may return to Alaska with Princess in summer of 2015, this time attaching some days on for a land tour, too! If you need any advice about Princess Alaska cruises, message me. I'd be glad to help.