• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Drop dead gorgeous ship!!!

Rate this topic

zebra

To answer Shari's question, the Royal Princess is a new ship and the even new Regal Princess is her sister ship.

Jackie, I loved your review and your enthusiasm! Makes me think I picked the wrong ship with the Celebrity Reflection this summer. That's one thing we've always liked about Princess - the food, and the Royal seems to outdone herself in that category.

Adding this ship (or the Regal Princess) to my bucket list!

Another question...is this a brand new ship, or the old "Royal Princess" refurbished?

Shari - she is brand new - 8 months old. Her sister the Regal Princess will be coming out in the Fall too … so we will have both to choose from - Yay!!!!

To answer Shari's question, the Royal Princess is a new ship and the even new Regal Princess is her sister ship.

Jackie, I loved your review and your enthusiasm! Makes me think I picked the wrong ship with the Celebrity Reflection this summer. That's one thing we've always liked about Princess - the food, and the Royal seems to outdone herself in that category.

Adding this ship (or the Regal Princess) to my bucket list!

Definitely!! The Royal is on her way to the Baltic and then coming back to NY for some Fall trips of New England/Canada and then repositions back to Florida for 10 days cruises. The Regal will replace the Royal in Fort Lauderdale doing the alternating 7 day Eastern/Western itineraries. I have to reiterate - the food was AMAZING!!

Great review, the kind we like to read! Now if the ship would just port out of NOLA!

K & R trust me we sit in the same predicament - we've cruised on almost everything out of Tampa which is so, so handy. 7 miles from our house and family or friends drop us off, no parking issues! BUT we decided to venture out because this ship is so wonderful …… gosh I am so glad we did as NONE of the local ships come even close to the beauty etc etc of this ship.

Great review, the kind we like to read! Now if the ship would just port out of NOLA!

K & R trust me we sit in the same predicament - we've cruised on almost everything out of Tampa which is so, so handy. 7 miles from our house and family or friends drop us off, no parking issues! BUT we decided to venture out because this ship is so wonderful …… gosh I am so glad we did as NONE of the local ships come even close to the beauty etc etc of this ship.

We had a similar WOW experience on the Serenade of the Seas in Feb. That’s why we booked a B2B on the ship for New Years.