• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Back from our cruise on the Carnival Sunshine

Rate this topic

Karen55

What can I say about the Carnival Sunshine? It was great!!! We had a wonderful 8-days aboard the refurbished Carnival Sunshine in Spa-level cabin 11007... One of the new cabins added to the 'Destiny' during it's make-over. I must say I enjoyed the amenities that came with the cabin and being on deck 11 just down the hall from the Serenity Deck pool was wonderful!!!. The cabin was tastefully decorated in blues and greens with taupe... and average in size for a Carnival ship... It was an inside cabin, as I have never found the need to spend the extra money for a balcony due to the fact that we are rarely in our cabin.

We purchased the 'Faster to the Fun' program allowing us the privilige of checking in with the Platinum and Diamond level guest and receiving the same service from the dedicated telephone guest service number on board, to the dedicated guest service desk with no waiting, to the early debarkation with our zone being number 3... we were off the ship and in our car by 8:30 am Saturday morning... Very nice and well worth the $49.99.

I was a bit concerned about our cruise on the Sunshine after reading several reviews on other sites about issues with the ship. I am glad to say that we experieced none of the problems about which I had read. The only glitch we encountered was one night at dinner we had no butter knife nor salt and pepper shakers on our table...and to me that was funny... it took all of two seconds for those items to appear after telling our wait staff about the missing items... and if that's the only complaint (if you want to call it that-- and I am NOT complaining) then I am more than happy.

The ports we visited were bautiful and a first for us... St. Thomas, Grand Truk, Tortola and St. Maarten... There is so much to see and do on each island we can do this same cruise again and have plenty to keep us busy.

If you are contemplating the Carnival Sunshine... go!!!! You will have a great time!!! I know we did...

Thanks for sharing your cruise review, Karen. I'm glad you found everything to be great despite what you read about the ship previously. Sometimes it's better to step on board a cruise ship with fresh eyes!

LOL Debbie and/or Jerry... I had to laugh about the salt and pepper shakers because there are those who would have a melt down at guest services and demand a credit for half the cruise, I'm sure, if such a thing happened to them.

One thing I've learned about cruising... It is what YOU make it... If you want to complain and be miserable, that is your option... Not everything is going to be perfect on any cruise and that includes one on Cunard, Crystal, Seabourn or any of the more expensive lines where you pay six figures for your cruise... Things happen... things happen in everyday life.. but there is no reason to have a melt-down about it... I think a wise person once said: "God grant me Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can change, Wisdom to know the difference." We need to remember this more and complain less... I have a slightly different version of the famous saying...(grins) please forgive me the adaptation... LOL... "Grant me Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can change, Wisdom to hide the bodies of those who piss me off." ... So with that said... me, my butter knife, salt and pepper shaker shall look on down the road to our next cruise on the Dream!!! Cruise on my fellow Cruise Crazies!!!

• 4 weeks later...