• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Where will you be cruising in 2015?

Rate this topic

Jan115

What are your cruise plans in 2015? Will you be trying something new? New ship, new itinerary? Maybe a repeat of an old favorite? Or perhaps it will be your very first cruise?

As for me, I have a 12-night cruise booked for the British Isles on board Royal Princess. Also, living so close to NYC, I am planning a last minute booking on the Breakaway's 2-night cruise to nowhere in January just so I can check out this ship that's getting great reviews - a quick and easy getaway for my birthday! I'd like to do more cruising in 2015, but impending knee surgery and some unexpected home renovations might interfere.

Tell us your plans for 2015!

Then be sure to post them on the CruiseCrazies "Who's Cruising" Forum to meet up with others who might be sailing with you. Go to: http://www.cruisecrazies.com/cruising/upcoming-member-cruises

Happy New Year and Happy cruising!

I booked my first cruise of the year as a solo traveler to boring ol' Progreso and Cozumel where I've gone before with no plans to get off the ship. It's just a 25 minute ride to the port of Galveston, so no airfare is required. My plan was to work out and lose weight while on board. I'm a rebel and wanted to go against the grain and debunk the theory that you ALWAYS gain weight on a cruise.

HOWEVER, my plans have changed because I'm no longer going solo. My cousin is joining me and it's her first cruise, so I am looking forward to showing her the ropes and watching her face light up with happiness. She REALLY needs a vacation at this time in her life. When I added her to the booking I took advantage of a price drop and ended up with a nice upgrade from a 1A to a 4F with no additional fare paid. We leave in less than 2 weeks.

Later in the year I hope to get to the Bahamas and Key West.

I'm planning to cruise on the Rhine River for the Christmas Markets in December.

Also, there's a possibility of an Asian cruise covering at least China (Yangtze) and Korea (Pusan), perhaps more ports if there's enough time and cash.

We are still in the planning stages of a European river cruise sometime this year. However we took a chance ($5.00) on a 5 night Carnival cruise from Charleston SC and guess what, we won. Not bad for $5.00. We leave next week Jan 13th from Charleston to Nassau. Should be fun. Haven't been to Nassau for some years. It is an inside cabin but who cares. The price is perfect. No need to fly since we are fairly close. (Maryland). It is on the Fantasy which is Carnival's oldest ship but it gets great reviews. Will let you know how it goes.

Everyone's cruises sound great. I haven't been in good enough shape to travel for awhile but am hoping to book something this winter...not sure yet. Would like to go on one of Celebrity's new ships.

Judy...so nice that your cousin can come with...congrats on the upgrade. I know for sure that you don't have to gain weight on a cruise. I have a weight problem, but the last few cruises I came back with a loss of a pound or so. It is all because of the walking that I did...the ships are really big these days, and between all the walking on the ships, and then in the ports, I didn't gain. Good luck to you...and Bon Voyage...have a great cruise!

Jan...I would love to do a British Isles cruise. Hope your surgery goes well, and the house renovations go well.

Ray...the Rhine River and Christmas markets is one I would love to do.

Saltydog...the European river cruise sounds so nice. Congrats on winning the 5-night cruise...have fun...Bon Voyage!

Swath...have never been on RC...that should be a fun cruise!

Hoping things go well for us this winter and we can go...we really need a cruise vacation!

I booked my first cruise of the year as a solo traveler to boring ol' Progreso and Cozumel where I've gone before with no plans to get off the ship. It's just a 25 minute ride to the port of Galveston, so no airfare is required. My plan was to work out and lose weight while on board. I'm a rebel and wanted to go against the grain and debunk the theory that you ALWAYS gain weight on a cruise.

HOWEVER, my plans have changed because I'm no longer going solo. My cousin is joining me and it's her first cruise, so I am looking forward to showing her the ropes and watching her face light up with happiness. She REALLY needs a vacation at this time in her life. When I added her to the booking I took advantage of a price drop and ended up with a nice upgrade from a 1A to a 4F with no additional fare paid. We leave in less than 2 weeks.

Later in the year I hope to get to the Bahamas and Key West.

I love the peace and quiet on the ship when everyone else gets off in port! Congratulations on the upgrade!