• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Favorite cabin type.

Rate this topic

saltydog

It is a balcony for us! We were spoiled with a really good balcony deal on our cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii and we'll never looked back, ha! Shari - I'm with you - I love to sit and just quietly watch the ocean.....OR......watch the craziness as people are hurrying back to the ship after a port call, lol! We have never booked into an inside cabin, but we slept the day away in an OV room so I can only imagine what would happen to us in an inside - we would miss the whole cruise!

Andi, that's hysterical. I use to get "annoyed" with Jerry who would prefer to sleep during sea days. Now I realize that it's his form of relaxation. The balcony curtains are open; sometimes the door as well. He's sound asleep just letting the boat rock him along.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had an interior ( single bunk beds... ) and a Balcony.... LOL... Balcony wins hands down!

i know the interior is cheaper and sometimes a really great deal but once I had a chance to stand out on my own balcony in the middle of the night in my nightie... listening to the breeze and sound of the sea ... then laying out in my own private quiet piece of heaven in the day.. well... LOL.. i was hooked!

we also liked having that couch to sit on and relax a bit in the evening before turning in and a quiet space to sit and read on the balcony was lovely too.

we're booked on the Carnival Elation in Sept, and will have a porthole type room ( though i'm thinking of seeing how much to upgrade slightly.. i dont think we can spring for the suite to have a balcony) and then the next week we have a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony room on the Carnival Dream. I'll see which is better then LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe how much I'm looking forward to this trip... actually PINING for it to be September already!!

We live in the southwest corner of the UK in Devon, England. The weather here is "temperate" ie... not cold enough to snow... not warm enough to buy an air conditioner.. and almost always.... wet...

Spending a couple weeks in sub tropical splendor .. sigh.... dreams come true.

Your weather sounds good to me...I live in Minnesota...where the winters often go below zero for the temps...waiting impatiently for Spring..LOL So nice to know you...hope you have a wonderful time on your cruises.

If you like to chat and get to know some of us, come join us on the "Daily Dock." We talk about everyday things that are happening with us, and also our cruises, of course. Some are on their cruises now, but there are a few of us left behind hoping to go on our cruises...LOL

Hi Heather,

I totally understand. It's that time of year when everyone has cabin fever and is yearning for sunshine and warmth. I live across the pond near Boston where we've been buried over our heads in snow this winter, but even chilly February rain is enough to get me daydreaming for tropical weather and a frilly umbrella drink!

Jan

I feel the same way, cruznjan. Don't think I could ever go back to an inside cabin.

Those are some beautiful looking dogs in your photo. I used to have German Shepherds years back.

Come join us for talking on the "Daily Dock" if you are interested. We love to get to know everyone. We just chat about everyday things, and also our cruises.