• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Shows on the NCL Getaway

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Hi guys. I just reserved dinner for 1830 for most of the nights we are on this cruise. Then I realized I did not know when the shows start. Will 1830 dinners give us enough time to make the main show?

Thank you.

I remember being able to reserve shows online before sailing with Norwegian just like making dining reservations. The dates and times of each performance were listed (there were a few for each show) and we made our picks based on port times and shore excursion obligations. Then we planned our meals around that schedule.

Tip: even if you have reservations for a show get there 15 minutes before it starts or they may give away your seat.

We did that, also, because I love to plan ahead. :smile: I also change my mind a lot :wacko: and discovered that you can't revise your reservations on NCL's website (unless things have changed since) but need to have your agent or Royal Caribbean do it for you. Also keep in mind that the most popular shows may sell out in advance, so if there is a performance you have your heart set on, book early.

Larry, if the show isn't listed with the Entertainment choices on the website, then it means it isn't available to pre-reserve. I found the online reservation system to be a little quirky. For instance, I had tried to book a dinner reservation, and it told me it was unavailable. The reason being that the show time conflicted with it (I had forgotten I booked the show for the same time). But it didn't tell me about the conflict, it just said it was unavailable. By the way, there is also a kiosk - more like a big ATM machine - to make various reservations, though it wasn't working for me. There is also a special dinner reservations desk, too.