• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Great CS from NCL

Rate this topic

Well I just submitted an on line survey from NCL today about our cruise which was largely positive and though I did point out a few problems basically all was fine. So guess what? I just got an offer of a #$300.00 OBC! Today, the same day! Now thats how its done!!

My TA said she wasn't too surprised because NCL is making a push to improve. I think they have which is why we decided to try them. As for the ship my big beefs are that there is only one adult pool for 4k people and that they allow smoking on the pool deck. There is an area for this but it's basically open and not vented at all so smoke is basically free to go all over the place. You can't fix the pool issue but you can stop the smoking issue and I hope they do.

We gave NCL 3 tries and that was 3 too many. I'm glad that your experience was more positive

Three strikes and out!

Actually we were hesitant to try them as for a long time their reviews were poor and people I spoke to who cruised them said never again but over time both their reviews and reports from folks I know who used them improved a lot so we gave it a try.

However despite this generosity they do some penny pinching things to like adding a $7.95 fee for room service and now not allowing food to be taken to your cabin from any restaurant. Also you have to cruise with them twice to get a chocolate on your pillow at night. Oh come in! What does that save??

Some of these charges seem to just pop up with little or no advanced notice too which doesn't put them in a good light. I hope their execs read the travel boards. I think their product would be much better perceived without this penny wise, pound foolish nonsense.

Overall their product for us was pretty good and it won't take much to improve it if they stop these peculiar changes that no other cruise line does, at least for now.

Yes, the not allowing to bring back a plate of food from the buffet to your cabin is a bit ridiculous. However, I hear they still allow you to bring back an individual item like pastry, pizza, fruit, etc. So do they have the take-out police at the doorway inspecting everyone as they leave?

I guess I'll find out on the Dawn (when they pull her out of the mud she's stuck in).