• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Oasis of the Seas

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Thanks for the detailed review, Larry! I haven't sailed on Oasis, tending to steer away from the big ships, but I think you've enticed me to give it a try.

I'm glad you liked the size of your balcony - I, too, think the balconies on the Getaway are tiny.

Even though CATS was a Broadway smash, it doesn't appeal to everyone, and in fact I don't think it's a great choice for a cruise with guests having so many different tastes in entertainment. I love live theater, and love the music in CATS, but there really isn't much of a story to it.

We have two Johnny Rockets within a 5 mile radius of my house, which is why I wouldn't bother to spend money for one on board. Hearing that breakfast is free, though, I might give it a try in the morning.

Debarkation and transfer sounds like a nightmare. Next time, why not try one of the local car companies. It's probably less than what you pay for a transfer and, even if it's a little more, it's totally worth the extra expense for the comfort and convenience.

Jan I think there are different shows on other ships which are likely more appealing like "Mamma Mia" on the Allure so that would be much better. A show that is fun like "Grease" or "Jersey Boys" would be cool too.

The nightmare continued with calls to customer relations for RCI. I asked for a $50.00 OBC for our future sailing on the Ovation as I think this is reasonable for the horrible transfer and callous treatment. I made a call to some gal who seemingly was more concerned with winning an argument and refused, yes refused to give me her supervisors name. She was stuck on the point that all they had to do was get us there on time. To her nothing else mattered. Unbelievable. Another call got me the same "no, we don't do that" but at least this time I got a supers name. I then called Crown and Anchor and found the real people who gave me that OBC in no time and reported my issues up the ladder. The next day I spoke with a higher up about how their customer relations (a true oxymoron) folks treated me. She was about as astounded as me and said she knew the person who refused to give me her supers name and said she called him to say she would handle it from here. I get the idea miss "no I wont tell you his name" will get a talking to. We also were given further compensation, a free bottle of wine and dinner for two at any of their speciality restaurants on the Ovation so that is very fair.

This is one of those situations where an agent's services come in handy, someone who can quickly get to the right people who will listen. There's no excuse for rude and disinterested behavior like what you encountered from guest services. I'm glad you were able to find someone to listen to your concerns and fairly compensate you.

This is one of those situations where an agent's services come in handy, someone who can quickly get to the right people who will listen. There's no excuse for rude and disinterested behavior like what you encountered from guest services. I'm glad you were able to find someone to listen to your concerns and fairly compensate you.

I could not agree more. I just keep calling and go up the ladder until I find someone sensible. I was prepared to send a reg. letter to Michael Bayley if it came to that. I will call my TA at some point to see about any contacts she may have.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the honest review. We use to take ship transportation until we figured out that the shuttle service waits until the bus is full to capacity. It doesn't matter to them what time you reserved. So we now bite the bullet and use the taxi.

I agree that there is no excuse for being disrespectful. I'm not sure "if they care"

I'm glad that you had a good vacation.

Thanks for the honest review. We use to take ship transportation until we figured out that the shuttle service waits until the bus is full to capacity. It doesn't matter to them what time you reserved. So we now bite the bullet and use the taxi.

I agree that there is no excuse for being disrespectful. I'm not sure "if they care"

I'm glad that you had a good vacation.

We had a great time and there were lessons learned. We will no longer use ships transport and forget about calling RCI customer relations. We will call C and A and I have email and phone numbers for CS issues that are higher up.