• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Hawaii Revisited

Rate this topic

AndiD

Loved your review, Andi...it really made me want to go back to Hawaii.  On our first time to Hawaii we flew, and then stayed before and after at the "Hilton Hawaiian Village" and then sailed on the older ship, "The Constitution."  We sailed around to all the ports and then stayed at the "Hilton Hawaiian."  We also loved it.  Second time we sailed from San Diego round trip on Celebrity's "Infinity."  Both were great!  So glad you had a good time, and that the hurricane didn't cause a lot of trouble for the island, and for tourists.  The "Constitution" was a very old ship...on her last run... so the ship experience wasn't like Celebrity, but it was a famous ship in that it was the one that Princess Grace traveled on to France with her wedding party.  Also, Lucy Ricardo. of "I Love Lucy" filmed a movie on her.  Also, Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr filmed their famous movie, "An Affair to Remember."  Think I sat at the barstool that Cary sat on,,,sigh...these were the old fashioned seats that you couldn't move, they were attached to the bar...so it was an interesting cruise on that ship.

I remember the I Love Lucy movie on that ship - that was part of the fuel for my cruise dreams even back then - that must have been something special to be on that ship!  We took the Infinity twice:  through the Panama Canal and in Alaska.  She is older now, but we still love that ship!  I hope that you can get back to Hawaii some day; if you go back to the Hilton Hawaiian Village you could just stay right there and soak up the atmosphere....it was wonderful!

Loved your review, Andi! :smile: I still have not been to Hawaii but it's on my list. The long flights and air fare from the East Coast is the only thing holding us up. I am glad the food has improved, because that was the one thing about our New England cruise on Royal Caribbean that was not up to par. The lack of deck chairs on a Hawaiian cruise is nuts! I hope they get that one figured out. Otherwise, your cruise and excursions sound like heaven!

• 3 weeks later...