• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Do I need to take a travel insurance when I have a whole life insurance?

Rate this topic

jennijoh

Hi there,

I am going for a trip to the Heart Island along with my family in the next month. It is a 16 days trip. I heard about the travel insurance https://www.aspirefcu.org/blog/life-advice/should-you-invest-in-travel-insurance/ and would like to know more about it. We already have whole life insurance, so, will this be enough for traveling? Can we get the compensation for the loss occurred, if any,  during the traveling from the whole life insurance or do we need to take a travel insurance for that?

Good question! I'm not an insurance expert, but I never leave home without travel insurance. Whole life is not travel insurance, so you'll need to look into other sources for trip insurance, like your travel agent, the cruise line or tour provider you purchased your cruise from, or you can try www.insuremytrip.com. You might also check with your credit card company to see if there is coverage there. Good luck!