• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Excellent time on the Ovation

Rate this topic

jacketwatch

Actually yes. Picton was very nice. First of all is green, hilly and lush.  Its also quite small and it seems our bus driver knew just about everybody on the road he passed. And it has a fabulous WW I aviation museum sponsored by Peter Jackson with perhaps  2 dozen planes, many of which were so poorly designed they were flying death traps. Was amazed to see so many different types. 

Napier was very cool too. It was destroyed by a 1931 earthquake and rebuilt in art deco style which persists to this day. It also has many vineyards. NZ is known for quality wines, especially the whites like Sauvignon Blanc. I am more of a red fan and I did bring back a Cabernet Sauvignon from a winery we visited. It was ok but I prefer the Cali CS I get here. It was explained to me that its just not warm enough there to grow  the CS grape to make world class wines but the whites are world class. 

Thanks for sharing your experience on Ovation. Did you see (or do!) any of that fun onboard stuff - North Star, Ripcord, Flowrider? What did you think? I've gotta get myself on board sister ship, the Anthem - I have no excuse, as it's just 4 hours away by car, in New Jersey. Sounds like an amazing trip!