• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Looking back at 2017

Rate this topic

WeCruiseToo

As we begin 2018, take a moment to reflect on your cruise and travel experiences of 2017.  What cruises did you take and where did you visit?  Do you have a favorite cruise memory from 2017?  Did you learn a new travel tip last year?

Happy New Year everyone, and Happy Cruising!

Happy New Year, Michael and Amy! What better way to start the conversation this year than by looking back at our members' year of travel.

My 2017 was definitely a year of new travel adventures. Best of all was meeting some fellow CruiseCrazies on our group Norway cruise in July. Koningsdam is a beautiful ship and probably my favorite so far. This year, we visited Amsterdam, London, Norway, Seattle, a repeat inside passage cruise in Alaska, Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon and St. Maarten. Besides Koningsdam, other ships we tried for the first time were Norwegian Pearl and Norwegian Epic. Favorite places were the fjords or Norway, London and Amsterdam. Favorite experiences were, again, the fjords in Norway, meeting the Iditarod sled dogs and seeing so many amazing orca whales in Alaska, and the private river boat ride our group had on the canals in Amsterdam. Day passes at Sandals resorts in Nassau and Montego Bay were also highlights, and a great way to get a day at the beach while on a cruise. Best new travel tip I learned this year was don't over plan. Leave some things to chance, as sometimes the best things happen when they're unexpected.

Wishing everyone a new year full of grand adventures!

Great idea, Michael and Amy!  Wish I had some to look back on this last year.  Maybe this year.  Would love to hear about everyone's adventures!  Jan...you have been pretty busy this last year...so great to get out and see the world...especially on a cruise ship.

2 hours ago, Shari2 said:

Great idea, Michael and Amy!  Wish I had some to look back on this last year.  Maybe this year.  Would love to hear about everyone's adventures!  Jan...you have been pretty busy this last year...so great to get out and see the world...especially on a cruise ship.

Yes, it was the year for travel for me. But I think the honor for most-traveled would have to go to Michael and Amy! ?

I knew I was exhausted, but didn’t realize what a busy year of travel we’ve had until I really looked back at it.  We took 10 trips, including 7 cruises (3 in Europe!), and traveled for 66 days in 2017.

January, Carnival Valor from Galveston with an extra day due to weather.

February, trip to Las Vegas.

April, western France river cruise roundtrip Bordeaux aboard CroisiEurope’s MS Cyrano de Bergerac. Discovered Saint-Emilion, probably our favorite town in France!

May, trip to Wisconsin.

June, trip to Washington DC.

July, Danube river cruise Nuremberg to Budapest aboard Viking Gullveig.

October, Harmony of the Seas to the Western Caribbean. Disembarked in Ft Lauderdale, boarded Carnival Liberty in Port Canaveral the next morning. (And went into work for 10 of the 20 hours between cruises!)

November, Christmas Markets river cruise aboard Viking Atla (plus 3 nights pre-cruise in Prague) with 34 friends and family members. Everyone had so much fun we’ll be doing a Rhine river cruise in April 2019!

December, quick preview cruise aboard MSC Seaside.

I’ll be fine with a little less travel in 2018!:biggrin: