• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review - Splendor

Rate this topic

Gymbrat333

So nice to hear about your cruises Gymbrat.  That was great that Carnival sat you with other solos.  They did that to me on my very first cruise.  I went with my mom and step-dad, so I was surprised when they wanted to seat me at a large table next to them.  The large table had a lot of single gals...I was young and single at the time.  At first I was a little upset, wondering why I couldn't sit with my parents, and their friends, but later on I saw why they did this...got to meet a lot of young people and we had fun going to the disco and many other things.  I did go into the ports with my parents...and still have fun with them also.  

Thanks for sharing

Great review Olga, thanks for sharing.  I remember the Turtle Farm from many years ago, I wonder if it's pretty much the same or worthy of a repeat visit.

Silly question for the river tubing ... Is that freshwater or saltwater? 

Thanks for a great review. With Splendor scheduled for another refurb in 2019, the ship is really going to be great! 

I recently did a combined turtle farm and "Hell" tour with Captain Marvin. I don't know what the turtle farm looked like years ago, but here are some photos from December 2017.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FUQKWpVAEtf3kyKs1

I never had the desire to see Hell but had to go see what the fuss was all about. The most exciting thing about Hell was the Rooster in the photos. The turtle farm was nice, though, and I thought it was very clean and the turtles well cared for. I do wonder about the effect on the turtles with all the people handling them, but they do require you to wash your hands first, at least. There's an education center and gift shop on site for those who want to learn more about the raising and conservation of turtles. They've added a twisty waterslide to the lagoon portion, I guess in an attempt to make the place more attractive to tourists. 

Edited by sunluva7

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:50 PM, Shari2 said:

So nice to hear about your cruises Gymbrat.  That was great that Carnival sat you with other solos.  They did that to me on my very first cruise.  I went with my mom and step-dad, so I was surprised when they wanted to seat me at a large table next to them.  The large table had a lot of single gals...I was young and single at the time.  At first I was a little upset, wondering why I couldn't sit with my parents, and their friends, but later on I saw why they did this...got to meet a lot of young people and we had fun going to the disco and many other things.  I did go into the ports with my parents...and still have fun with them also.  

Thanks for sharing

Thank you so much, Shari!  How strange that you weren't seated with your parents, but so glad that you had a great time.  Three of us at the table were Elementary School Teachers, and another was a counselor at an Elementary School.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Great review Olga, thanks for sharing.  I remember the Turtle Farm from many years ago, I wonder if it's pretty much the same or worthy of a repeat visit.

Silly question for the river tubing ... Is that freshwater or saltwater? 

Thanks so much, Jason!  Visit the farm again.  I'm sure that it is pretty much the same.  The river tubing is saltwater.  I still have to write the review of my New Year's cruise, and post the pictures of all the reviews that I have written.

Edited by Gymbrat333

4 hours ago, sunluva7 said:

Thanks for a great review. With Splendor scheduled for another refurb in 2019, the ship is really going to be great! 

I recently did a combined turtle farm and "Hell" tour with Captain Marvin. I don't know what the turtle farm looked like years ago, but here are some photos from December 2017.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FUQKWpVAEtf3kyKs1

I never had the desire to see Hell but had to go see what the fuss was all about. The most exciting thing about Hell was the Rooster in the photos. The turtle farm was nice, though, and I thought it was very clean and the turtles well cared for. I do wonder about the effect on the turtles with all the people handling them, but they do require you to wash your hands first, at least. There's an education center and gift shop on site for those who want to learn more about the raising and conservation of turtles. They've added a twisty waterslide to the lagoon portion, I guess in an attempt to make the place more attractive to tourists. 

Beautiful pictures!  Thanks for sharing!  I have sailed aboard the Splendor twice, and it is absolutely beautiful and so well maintained.  Imagine with the refurb.  I love going to Hell.  I always go, and was disappointed because I didn't make it this time.  I don't know why because there is hardly anything to see there, but I love it!

Edited by Gymbrat333