• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Live from Panama Canal and Coral Princess

Rate this topic

Jan115

On 4/17/2018 at 10:52 PM, Jason said:

Hey Jan, can't wait to see the pics of the locks ... I've seen them from one of the viewing platforms but must be one heck of an experience to see them from the ship.  Your sunset pic is gorgeous.

Enjoy Jamaica, just posted an article tonight (link below) about how Port Royal in Jamaica will be receiving a floating pier in early 2019 so it can begin handling cruise liners.

Talk soon,

Yes, I read it, and as one being fascinated with history, this is good news. Still, for those cruisers who say they “hate” Jamaica and won’t get off the boat in Ocho or Falmouth, it won’t make any difference. There is so much beauty and culture on this island, and the people are the friendliest I’ve met anywhere. You just have to be willing to find it.

18 hours ago, KeithnRita said:

Jan, thanks for sharing you trip with us. Look forward to seeing the photos. We will make our 2nd trip to the PC in Sept.

It will be our first thru the locks and into the lake!

I hope your weather will be as fine as ours has been. It’s hot, of course, but there has been absolutely no rain, as the rainy season begins in May. What ship will you be on?

2 hours ago, sunluva7 said:

I hope your weather will be as fine as ours has been. It’s hot, of course, but there has been absolutely no rain, as the rainy season begins in May. What ship will you be on?

Carnival Fantasy out of Mobile. Ten day Journey cruise.

Here we are, our last day, cruising the Caribbean, as we head back to Ft. Lauderdale. We’ve had perfect weather, despite the heat in Columbia, and April is for more pleasant cruising here than in summer. We met new friends, reconnected with old ones, and experienced new destinations, with a good balance of fun and relaxation. I was even able to work off some of the food with some walking on the Coral’s pretty promenade deck. I did pick up a bad cold, have been hacking and sneezing through most of the cruise, and apologize in advance for anyone I inadvertently shared my germs with.

It will be hard to leave all this behind. I hear it’s cold and rainy at home, which makes leaving all the harder. The Crazies are gathering together for dinner tonight, and I’m sure we’ll have lots of great stories to share.

I regret not beginning this LIVE report sooner, but no fears - I’ve been keeping a journal, and my review will be up in a few days, as well as photos as soon as I get them off the camera. I’m happy to say that the Wi-Fi for my needs has been very good, and except for the inability to get photos to upload here, I have no complaints. 

See you shoreside!

Jan, hope your last day was memorable.  The weather here has been gorgeous in South FL so hopefully it will be the same when you dock in the morning.

As much as it may not be a thrill to return to the 'real world' ... at least you'll have the re-launch of our site to look forward to upon your return .. which is set for Monday, Apr 23.  Yes, you read that right!  It's FULL STEAM AHEAD!