• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Princess Cruises Reveals 2020 World Cruise on Pacific Princess [Info Graphic]

Rate this topic

Jason

Princess Cruises has unveiled details about its 2020 World Cruise aboard Pacific Princess. The 670-guest vessel will call on 42 destinations on five continents during the cruise.

The 111-day roundtrip voyage departs Ft. Lauderdale on January 5, 2020. A 96-day version of the trip will sail from Los Angeles to Ft. Lauderdale. It departs on January 20, 2020. Several shorter segments are available, as well.

"We've been offering World Cruises since 1998 and our team of destination experts knows how to create the best worldwide itineraries like no other in the cruise industry," said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president. "Our Captain, officers and crew regularly hear from guests the impact the World Cruise has on them, as they share their appreciation for taking them to places they never in a million years thought they would experience."

The 2020 World Cruise will visit 26 countries, crossing the equator four times. The itinerary features 20 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including the first visit to Stone Town in Zanzibar. The cruise will also make maiden World Cruise calls to Kaikoura, New Zealand; Praslin, Seychelles Islands; Mayotte Island, (French protectorate); Zanzibar, Tanzania and Melbourne, Australia.

The 2020 World Cruise will feature late-night stays in several ports, including Melbourne, Tahiti, Phuket and an overnight in Cape Town, South Africa.

Bookings for the 2020 World Cruise open April 25, 2018. Early booking credits and past passenger savings are available.

Princess Cruises continues its multi-year "Come Back New Promise." The $450 million-dollar initiative is enhancing the onboard experience on several fronts. Among them: new culinary, entertainment and family activity partnerships, as well as upgrades to room amenities.

The line currently has three new Royal-class ships on order. The next newbuild slated to join the Princess Cruises fleet is Sky Princess. She’ll debut in October 2019.

princess-cruise-world-cruise-2020.jpg.ed3e41a89843bb9058164a3a664615b4.jpg

By Ana Figueroa, TravelPulse
Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more
For more cruise news and articles go to https://www.cruisecrazies.com

View full article

Also one of my long time dreams.  A world cruise would definitely be a dream come true.  Thinking the Pacific Princess is pretty old by now...think she was one of the twin ships that they used to show on "The Love Boat."  I did hear that the "Pacific Princess" went to a scrapyard in Turkey in 2013?  Maybe this is a newer ship renamed "Pacific Princess?"

• 1 month later...

I would love to take a World Cruise, I could find the time and the money to do it but it still is not possible.  I travel on a American Passport which is almost the best in the World, 160 countries without any visas ranked at number 5 on the Worldwide Passport list. Singapore is number 1 with 165 countries visa free.  And yes I can get a new 48 page passport and have room for all the visas needed. 

My wife travels on a Philippines Passport, which is nowhere near as good at 64 counties and ranked 72nd on the World Passport list. The number of Visas she would need would be greater than the number of pages in a Philippines Passport.  If you cannot present all the visas, you cannot do the trip. 

The other smaller issue, for her passport most Embassy will not consider a visa until 3 months before the date, which would mean booking and pay for a World Cruise without knowing if you could board. Most Americans really do not understand how powerful a US Passport really is.  Guess  a World Cruise is not in my future.