• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hi Everyone!

Rate this topic

My name is Kelly, and me and my DH Jim went on our 1st cruise 2 months ago(NCL Dawn/ 2/18-25/18), and now we are SO hooked, we have 3 more booked ? (Carnival Fantasy/ 8/30/18...RC Vision /12/22/18...RC Rhapsody/ 2/2/19, all less than $100/day pp, which is our limit)  That will be 4 cruises within our first year! Hubbs possibly thinks I've gone a wee bit crazy, but it's  all I think about when I'm not working. Which is what brought me to this site, as I am truly a new but totally smitten cruise crazy lady, and hoped to find some cruise crazy company in my new addiction. I don't even want to go shopping anymore, just so I can save more money to go on a cruise!  Please tell me I'm not insane. I never want to go on any other kind of vacation again, ever.... 

Hi Kelly, you have come to the right place, and you ARE going insane ... but in a good way! With all those exciting cruises coming up, I shall pronounce you an official CruiseCrazies person.?? You have a lot of company here, so don’t be a stranger!? I will be on the Norwegian Dawn from Boston to Bermuda for the second time in August. Love that itinerary as it’s an easy drive for me. Where did the Dawn take you on your cruise? Look forward to hearing all about your newfound passion!

Hi Jan! I obviously LOVED the Dawn, as it has spawned this addiction! We sailed out of Tampa, and went to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Honduras, and Harvest Caye. We went zip lining high above the jungle canopy in Honduras, visited the Mayan ruins in Cozumel, went exploring on our own (after first finding it was safe to do so) in the small town of Mahahual and ended up at an awesome place called the Krazy Lobster with the best guac I've ever tasted and served to us with our toes in the sand, and lastly spent about an hour in Harvest Caye (our least fav port so far). We had the time of our lives, saw 10 years drop off Hubs and I as we danced under the stars at night and woke up early to just get the most out of every minute, met such wonderful fellow cruisers, laughed more than we had in years, dressing up and going to all the shows(we loved the comedy and married couple ones the best) and eating a ridiculous amount of food (we each gained 10 lbs in that week and took 4 to get it off and wouldn't change a thing!) It was truly a life changing trip, and we just can't believe we waited this long to discover cruising. I'm 51, and my DH is 56, and we feel this is the start of  exciting new adventures as empty nesters, entering a new season of our lives!

@LUVINMYHUBS that is awesome! My “hubs” and I discovered cruising rather late, as well, with our first cruise on our 25th anniversary. I said the same thing ... wish we learned about cruising sooner! It sounds like you made the most of your cruise with all those great experiences!

Hey @LUVINMYHUBS, welcome to CruiseCrazies.  As you perfectly said it, we're all crazy for cruises here at CruiseCrazies .. so we look forward to getting to know you and all your cruising experiences.

Hope to see you around often and just shout if any questions! ?

HI Kelly - Welcome!   So nice to see that not only did you join, but you started posting right away - that is awesome!  I am another Cruise Addict (as Jason said, we all are on this site, lol,) and another one who came to it late - first cruising for our 25th anniversary.  Cruising is always always on my mind - either planning and booking upcoming cruises, or remembering past cruises, or watching the cruise port webcams at sailaway time, to reading cruise magazines...you name it!  You are definitely in the right place - even more so, I might add, because this truly is the friendliest cruise board on the web; no judging, no snarky responses, we welcome everyone's opinions and preferences.  I have yet to sail on NCL but am finding more people who love their ships so I think DH and I will have to give them a try!!  Please keep posting and help us get to know you better.  And if you have any questions at all - please don't hesitate to ask - there is a lot of experience on this board.

Hi Kelly...Welcome Aboard...if you're crazy for cruising, you sure came to the right place.  So glad that you posted and told us a little about yourself.  We all love cruising here, and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask...we also chat once in awhile on the "Daily Dock."  You can tell us more about yourself and your cruises...we also have a place for reviews here, so we love to read everyone's review and see their pictures...only if  you want to share.  OK, I'm off to bed now, I'm the crazy, Crazy, who stays up all night...LOL

Edited by Shari2

One thing I forgot to mention, Kelly, is that we’re planning a group cruise for our CruiseCrazies members. We went to Norway in summer of 2017, and just returned from Panama in April 2018. We’re in the talking stages for 2019 and hope you can join us, wherever our adventures take us!???

3 minutes ago, Jan115 said:

One thing I forgot to mention, Kelly, is that we’re planning a group cruise for our CruiseCrazies members. We went to Norway in summer of 2017, and just returned from Panama in April 2018. We’re in the talking stages for 2019 and hope you can join us, wherever our adventures take us!???

Wow, that sounds awesome! DH and I still work full time, so we have to plan around work, my job being quite flexible, his not so much, as he  runs the IT department of a smaller company and just cannot take off unless they're closed, or maybe a day or so otherwise a week. They close for 2 weeks at Christmas, unfortunately the most expensive time to cruise.....any hints on getting cheaper Christmas cruises, btw?

We have the same issue, me being somewhat flexible, and husband on a teacher schedule (even though he’s retired, he’s still keeping his hand in education, which means only summer and maybe a week or two during the year). Unfortunately, Christmas and holiday cruising is the most expensive, and there isn’t much way around it. The best way to save during this time is to use an agent with discounted block space.