• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

First topic!

Jason

6 hours ago, Jan115 said:

Would love to try the Sky, but David can’t cruise in November, so I’m thinking late May through August, maybe early April for the right itinerary.

Celebrity Edge has some great itineraries next summer, but Andi will have beat us to the ship in February. That rascal!

Here is what I found:

4/6/18 Sapphire Princess, 11-night one way Rome to London with Florence, Monaco, Barcelona, Gibraltar, Lisbon and Normandy.

6/3/18 Celebrity Reflection, 11-day Ireland and Iceland with some great overnights in Reykjavik, Akureyri and Dublin!

7/23/18 Crown Princess, 12 d. Round Trip from LeHavre. Great opportunity for extended time to see Normandy before or after, or visit Paris!

8/18/18 Oceania 7-night Bermuda from NYC. Why this one stands out for me is that it ports in the far better places of St. George and Hamilton and not with the masses in the Dockyard.

That’s my 2 cents!?

We are looking at 2019, right?  I can't find these cruises.....

I would not be able to cruise in April, but don't let that interfere if that is what everyone else wants.  Same holds true for Great Britain....I'm really not interested......but if everyone else is, then that's great.  Would love Bermuda, but man - that is a bit pricey for a 7-day cruise, although I know Oceania is a top-notch line - I guess I would have to see what they include in their fare.   Have you checked Holland to Burmuda?  They dock in Hamilton. 

Miranda - I love that itinerary on the Sky!

1 hour ago, AndiD said:

We are looking at 2019, right?  I can't find these cruises.....

What century am I in ?? What planet am I on ???  Yes - of course I meant to say 2019. I don't know where my head is at sometimes.?

Hey Jan (and everyone) thanks for inviting me over here. Wow I don't envy you this job trying to get everyone "on the same page" about likes of itineraries and ships ? 

Well here's my 2 cents worth.  I would prefer the end of April or beginning of May. As I finish the tax season on April 15th my brain is fried by then and we typically cruise soon after for therapy ?   Also we typically avoid school vacation/spring break times at all costs ..... so cruising over the summer would not be on our radar.  

Transatlantics are our favorite!!  

On 5/10/2018 at 6:06 AM, Miranda said:

How about the new Sky Princess November 3rd 2019, from and to Rome to go to Kotor, Corfu, Malta and Italy? It's only a 7 day cruise though, but you get to experience the latest Princess ship, Royal class. And I for one, would love to. 

I think the Sky Princess would be awesome! How about a week later - November 10th, Rome to Barcelona. I like the itinerary better, as it has a few more sea days.

Screen Shot 2018-05-11 at 11.09.23 PM.png

On 5/10/2018 at 9:22 PM, AndiD said:

I would not be able to cruise in April, but don't let that interfere if that is what everyone else wants.  Same holds true for Great Britain....I'm really not interested......but if everyone else is, then that's great.  Would love Bermuda, but man - that is a bit pricey for a 7-day cruise, although I know Oceania is a top-notch line - I guess I would have to see what they include in their fare.   Have you checked Holland to Burmuda?  They dock in Hamilton. 

Miranda - I love that itinerary on the Sky!

You're right, Holland America does dock in Hamilton. I don't see the 2019 schedule yet, but it should be the same. Definitely a contender!

Jan, Sky Princess sounds wonderful BUT we are thinking of going to South Africa in the Fall.  Haven't made any decisions as yet.  Also wanted to say that we are so spoiled with Transatlantics now - same price as a 7 day European cruise and you get 14/15 days ..... if we have to purchase airfare to or from Europe we might as well enjoy twice the time over there.  The Royal class is wonderful, we have done the Royal Princess twice and she is definitely my favorite ship at this time ...... although Royal Caribbean still remains our favorite cruise line.

• Jan115 locked this topic