• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Thanks for the Welcome Aboard!

Rate this topic

Hi all, we are a long-time married couple who's favorite leisure activity is ocean cruising (with motorcycling a close second!).  We started cruising in 1988 and have been hooked ever since.  We leave on our 28th cruise this September from Galveston (we live in the Houston area) and our 29th next March to Hawaii.  Hope to have fun here, and thanks again for the welcome!

Old Biker.gif

Hi cruznuts...thanks for coming back and telling us a little about you.  You sure came to the right place to talk about cruising.  Congratulations on your 28th cruise coming up!  So wonderful!  Are you going to the Caribbean for this coming cruise?  Love the Caribbean, and love Hawaii.  Your next one to Hawaii will be so great!  I love Hawaii!  Hope you come back and tell us all about it.  We have a forum for reviews, and pictures here.  Have fun...and if you have any questions about either cruise, we have lots of cruisers here and travel agents who can answer your questions.  Bon Voyage! 

Thanks so much Ms Shari2!  Don't think I have to mention that cruising's our favorite vacation option.  Yes, we too love Hawaii, will be our 2nd time there, we did the same cruise in 2014 on Grand Princess from San Francisco and loved every minute of it.  Our nearest upcoming cruise will be the 2nd time on Liberty of the Seas, making now 4 ships we've sailed on twice.  We're not loyal to any one line, depends on itinerary, price, time of year (we don't do summers with lots of kids!) and where the item lies on our bucket list.  This September cruise will be one of our "just to cruise" trips, as we've been to all those places many times in the past.  Thanks again, looking forward to staying in touch with everyone.  Bon Voyage!

Cruznuts...I have not been loyal to any one cruise line either, but do have a favorite in Celebrity...only one we have sailed on twice.  We also watch the price, time of year... no summers, or spring breaks, and do try and avoid the hurricane season, so that doesn't leave us many choices, but we do sail in the late fall, and love to get away from the winters here in MN.  We have  sailed in spring before most of the spring breaks when we could.  We have also been to Hawaii twice...once we flew to Oahu and boarded the ship there, the SS Constitution, and then the other cruise to Hawaii was from San Diego to Oahu, round  trip on Celebrity's, Infinity.  We had a little more time to spend in Hawaii when we flew there, we stayed a few extra days, but the long cruise to Hawaii was a wonderful experience also.  Have fun on both of your cruises, and we will love to hear you talk about it when you return.  Stay here anytime and join in on all of the articles and social forums.  

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome, Cruznuts!  We are also a long-married couple (44 years) and cruising is definitely our favorite type of vacation.  We have done the Hawaii cruise 3 times - one on the Golden Princess, roundtrip LA, and twice on the Radiance of the Seas, one way down from Vancouver.  We keep saying that we should do a land vacation there, but it is so much more economical to cruise, and then we don't have to pick among the islands, lol.  My sister and family lives in Houston, so we have sailed out of Galveston...many moons ago...but thinking of doing it again.  Since you are repeating on the Liberty, I take it that you like that ship?

Hi Andi, thanks for replying to our opening salvo.  People married as long as you are rare nowadays, and so refreshing to hear.  As far as Liberty of the Seas goes, we usually prefer a smaller variety ship, but we don't mind for a what we call "just to cruise".  There's only so many places you can visit on a 7 day cruise from Houston/Galveston, and we've been to all the ports many times, it's just an excuse to cruise (and a celebration of our 40th anniversary) and kick back.  Surprised at the number of kids going when we thought they'd be back in school, but I guess people view things differently these days.  Liberty does have an excellent adult area, where we spent much of our time last time.  A shame you're not going with us, but I'm sure there's still room if you're interested.  As well for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise next March.  Come aboard, we know we'll have a great time!

momnme.JPG

42 minutes ago, cruznuts said:

Hi Andi, thanks for replying to our opening salvo.  People married as long as you are rare nowadays, and so refreshing to hear.  As far as Liberty of the Seas goes, we usually prefer a smaller variety ship, but we don't mind for a what we call "just to cruise".  There's only so many places you can visit on a 7 day cruise from Houston/Galveston, and we've been to all the ports many times, it's just an excuse to cruise (and a celebration of our 40th anniversary) and kick back.  Surprised at the number of kids going when we thought they'd be back in school, but I guess people view things differently these days.  Liberty does have an excellent adult area, where we spent much of our time last time.  A shame you're not going with us, but I'm sure there's still room if you're interested.  As well for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise next March.  Come aboard, we know we'll have a great time!

momnme.JPG

Cruznuts - Your invites are very tempting; if we didn't have cruises planned for around those same times we would seriously have thought about coming along!  We have also done about 28 cruises and am open to a variety of lengths and destinations and ships SO......let's keep each other informed about what we are thinking of "next" and hopefully we can do a meet-up on one in the future!! 

Hi Cruznuts - I’ll jump on the Welcome Wagon, as well, and extend a warm welcome. I hope you enjoy the friendly conversation here on CruiseCrazies. I am in the 40-something anniversary club, too - it’ll be 41 years of marriage bliss next month for my husband and I.? Now that you mention the Grand Princess, our first cruise was aboard the Grand in 2001 to the Western Caribbean. A few years ago, we were on Grand again from San Francisco to - not Hawaii, but to Alaska! We have our local “just to cruise” destination, too - Boston to Bermuda, which we’re doing again next month. 

Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming cruises. Enjoy your September cruise on the Liberty of the Seas!

Thanks for the shout out, Jan, and congrats yourself for the long term matrimonial bliss!  Speaking of the "just to cruise" category, I can see you guys are savvy veterans yourselves.  We go for the relaxation, the itinerary, price (ALWAYS PRICE!), and if we need some sea time or not.  Considering a repo in 2020 from Sydney to Singapore, but don't know if I can get that much time off work.  If you're gonna travel that far, you ought to see something of the place while you're there, we don't travel to the other side of the globe often.

Happy Cruising!