• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sun Princess Short Asian Cruise Singapore Hong Kong Taipei

Rate this topic

In Singapore now for a Sun Princess Cruise  to Hong kong 5 days, Taipei  7 days.  The Sun Princess is one of the older ships in the fleet at around 75,000 GT whe has been doing cruises in SE Asia & Australia for the last few years. It is a nice size ship as more personal than the mega ships are.  With 2 or ports depending on the end point pick. We are here in Singapore  a few days early to enjoy the wonderful city. Staying in a small hotel in Chinatown, only  short ways away from the Marina Bay Cruise Terminal. 

Will do some shopping and have great meals at some of our favorite places before boarding the Sun Princess on July 4th.  Tonight is 5 star dining at a Michelin Star Restaurant, which is also the cheapest Michelin Star awarded food place in the World with   Complete meals under US$2.00.  It is also the only food stall in the world with a Michelin Star. Liao Fan Hawker is a great place for unique meal in the middle of Chinatown. Have a meal and do a little shopping in the market after dinner, and still have time to watch F1 tonight. Singapore is a great city that needs to be on everyone's must due list. 

Hope you have a great time...it all sounds so great.  Is the Sun princess one of the ships they used on the TV show "The Love Boat"?  I used to watch it all the time, but forgot the name of the ships they used.  I believe they used two of the same look and make.  Just answered my own question...looked it up. It was the Pacific and the Island Princess.  Do you know if the Sun Princess is related in looks, and make, to those two ships?

Have been on the ship just about 24 hours now.   Boarding went well in Singapore, always a easy port to board a ship, great staff at the terminal and very fast. I remember now what I do not like about princess, no coffee available in the room, no coffee pot or hot water machine, unlike most other lines.  Yes you can order through room service but a 20 to 30 minute wait and a small charge. Every line should make regular coffee and tea available free and easy 24 hours a day.

Don't know how it happen but requested a group table, but  we are at a table for two.  Ate in the buffet for lunch, normal first day buffet, had fresh roast beef which was nice. They also have it decorated to reflect July 4th.   Dinner was nice Prime Rib and wife had grilled salmon, both done very well.   

What I did not know is the ship just came out of a 2 week mini dry dock in Singapore. So a few small things wrong the first afternoon: like some lifts still being worked on. The have change over to the newer Princess internet which is nice, the full package for the 6 day cruise was $99.00 which is not a bad rate. 

Wow!  Love the pictures!  Just seeing everything now... forgot about this forum. Will be back later to comment on your reviews and great pictures.  It's now 4:36 AM here...time to go to bed...LOL  

Wow!  Thanks so much Todd for sharing your cruise and all experiences with us.  Wonderful information and great pictures...the camera was well worth it!  ?  Loving all the pictures, and all the great information about Singapore, the ship, and Hong Kong.  Hope all went well with the last minute changes from the weather, and hope there was no damage from the typhoon anywhere.

Wow!  Amazing pictures, Todd...thank you so  much!  This brought back some thoughts about the Vietnam war.  My brother was in the army and spent about 6 months there, and my brother-in-law was in the Marines.  Not sure how long he was there.  Your wife is so pretty.  Love her smile!  Thank her also for the pictures!  They are amazing, and very well done.

Todd -

Thanks for sharing your pics and cruise with us. I saw that Lyn has a Coolpix B700. I almost bought that camera, but went with the Lumix dmc fz300 instead, as it was $100 cheaper. It's a teensy bit heavier, but so far I haven't dropped it over the side of a ship yet.?

Anyway, nice photos - whichever one of you took them!

We have a great Photo gallery over HERE on CruiseCrazies. It would be great if you could create an album or two of your Singapore cruise and Sun Princess ship photos over there. They'll be easier for people to find and view later.