• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

NCL Itinerary Changes for 2019-2020

Rate this topic

scalise12

Norwegian Changes 2019-2020 Itineraries, Pulls Joy From China

norwegian-joy--resized-fill-800x532.jpg

Norwegian Cruise Line has announced changes to its 2019 and 2020 itineraries. Among these, the Norwegian Joy is leaving China to join the Norwegian Bliss, sailing seasonally in Alaska in the summer 2019, and will offer Mexican Riviera and Panama Canal voyages during the winter 2019-2020. The Norwegian Spirit will replace the Joy in China in 2020, leaving Norwegian out of the Chinese market for one year, and the Spirit will only sail there on a seasonal basis.

The Pearl, which is in Alaska now, will sail to Europe as the cruise line’s sixth ship in the region in summer 2019, while the Jade and Jewel will expand Norwegian’s presence in Australasia in winter the 2019-2020 winter season.

The Joy repositions to Seattle in April 2019 to offer seven-day voyages to Alaska, replacing the Pearl as Norwegian’s third ship in the region, joining the Bliss and Jewel. Prior to her arrival in Seattle, the Joy will undergo approximately $50 million in work to match her sister ship, the Bliss.

When she goes to Europe in 2019, the Pearl will be sailing from Amsterdam as well as Civitavecchia, Barcelona and Venice.

With the Joy on the West Coast, the Jewel will go to Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, sailing from Honolulu, Papeete, Sydney, Auckland, Singapore, Hong Kong and Yokohama.

In addition, the Jade will offer sailings throughout Southeast Asia departing from Singapore and Hong Kong for the 2019-2020 season.

Norwegian Cruise Line said it remains committed to serving the Chinese cruise market. Prior to her 2020 arrival in China, the 1999-built Spirit will undergo a previously scheduled bow-to-stern revitalization as the final ship to undergo enhancements under the Norwegian Edge® fleet refurbishment program.

Wow!  Didn't even know that Norwegian had a ship in China...the new changes sound good to me...love the South Pacific sail, and also the Mediterranean sail. Scalise, I see that you have been on 80 cruises  Wow!  Congratulations!

I like the big NCL ships, but not in Alaska. I’m seeing a trend of super mega ships cruising the Alaska waters, and replacing the Pearl in Seattle is probably based on the fact that Alaska is becoming so popular. I love the small ships in Alaska, as do a lot of other people, and the presence of these humongous ships in the small Alaskan ports just seems wrong to me.?

• Jason changed the title to NCL Itinerary Changes for 2019-2020