• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Regent Seven Seas: Another world cruise to six continents

Rate this topic

Jason

Luxury line Regent Seven Seas on Monday announced plans for another epic cruise that includes stops in every continent except Antarctica.  The 117-night voyage on Seven Seas Mariner will kick off Jan. 5, 2021 in Miami and include calls at 61 ports in 30 countries.

Mariner will nearly circle the globe during the sailing, which starts with visits to the Caribbean islands of Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada, Bonaire and Aruba.  From the Caribbean, Mariner will cross the Panama Canal to Ecuador and Peru before heading west across the Pacific Ocean to Easter Island, the Pitcairn Islands, Tahiti, Bora Bora and Samoa. 

Continuing West, Mariner will spend more than three weeks in New Zealand and Australia before heading to Asia for stops in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. The ship then will cross the Bay of Bengal to Sri Lanka and India before visiting the Arabian Peninsula for stops in Oman and the United Arab Emirates. Stops in Jordan and Egypt also are on the schedule as the vessel approaches the Suez Canal for a transit to the Mediterranean. 

Mediterranean calls will include Haifa, Israel (for Jerusalem); Limassol, Cyprus; Rhodes, Patmos, Lesbos and Santorini, Greece; Istanbul, Bozcaada and Kusadasi, Turkey; and Amalfi, Civitavecchia (for Rome), and Livorno, Italy; and Monte Carlo. 

The voyage will end in Barcelona on May 3, 2021.   

Regent typically offers one extended "world cruise" a year that lasts for more than 100 days and includes a complete or nearly complete circumnavigation of the globe. In addition to the newly announced 2021 voyage, the line already has an extended, 131-night voyage around the world scheduled for 2020.  

Fares for the new world cruise start at $61,999 per person. The price includes first class flights to Miami and business class flights back from Barcelona, exclusive shore-side events and several other perks. 

By Gene Sloan, USA Today
Re-posted on CruiseCrazies.com - Cruise News, Articles, Forums, Packing List, Ship Tracker, and more
For more cruise news and articles go to https://www.cruisecrazies.com

View full article

Yes it looks like a good cruise and this company is a complete cruise no extra charges.  But it still seems to be a little high at almost $550 dollars per day per person.  Also the ship size at 50,000 GT, it is not a small personal ship like Seabourn Cruises and not a mid size ship. My own personal taste would be to larger ship in size. Some of the open water crossing could be a little hard in a smaller ship.

I don't see a World Cruise in the near future for me.

I agree - the first thing we would do if we won the lottery ..... a world cruise!!!  I agree with Todd I would want a larger ship.  We are not so concerned about movement on the ocean, but would like a variety of amenities and "things to do" on such a long cruise.

BTW Pitcairn is the island the Bounty mutineers settled on. To this day their descendants live there.  They generate income by selling among other items honey. It’s the best Ive ever had with floral and fruity notes. I’ve been ordering it for about 11 years.  But be patient. It’s takes months to arrive.

Wow Larry that is so interesting - love the more obscure places on earth.

A highlight for me was the island of Praslin on the Seychelles. We spent 2 weeks there, absolutely out of this world. The home of the Coco de Mer (a double coconut that looks like a womens pelvis) which grows in the Vallee de Mai.  Fascinating!!! The Seychelles archipelago (in the Indian Ocean) are off the charts beautiful. We flew into Victoria on the island of Mahe and then took a diesel belching schooner, (transporting pigs, goats and someones double bed) over to the remote island of Praslin. Magic.

Speaking of uncharted Pitcairn was not on the British Navy charts which is why the mutineers just came upon it  looking for a safe place and settled there figuring they would not be found. And they were right. The British Navy did try but failed to get them. Their descendants there now are from the sailors and natives who came with them from Tahiti. 

Praslin sounds utterly idyllic. That had to be a special time you will never forget. 

I love cruising of course but also love beautiful tropical islands too. 

Edited by jacketwatch