• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RCI Vision of the Seas Bahamas cruise Jan 5, 2019

Rate this topic

Nice that you could get the same cabin!  A B2B is definitely on our to-do list; I was going to try to go back and add the second week to our Celebrity Edge cruise in February but by that time the price at nearly tripled!  I should have foreseen that for a brand new ship, ha!  We will get it done though!  Congratulations on extending your absence from our totally crappy winters.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Back to back cruises!  wow!!  Do they allow you to remain on the ship in between cruises?

All B2B passengers will meet in one of the lounges. After all passengers have disembarked to clear customs they will walk us off as a group and issue us new key cards and walk us back on. On one B2B cruise a few years ago we were the only ones. They treated us like royalty!

• 5 months later...

Hi Keith and Rita  - Welcome back from your B2B cruise on Carnival Vision of the Seas. I hope it was a fun and relaxing way to start off the new year! We’d love to hear more about your experience, the ship and the ports. When you have a chance, would you share a little about your cruise or consider writing a review: https://www.cruisecrazies.com/cruise-reviews/browse-cruise-reviews/

Hope to see more of you around our community!

• 2 weeks later...
Jan, we did have a very good cruise, or should I say 2 good cruises. I won't be writing a review as my mother passed away 4 days after we returned. home. It's been a hectic time since.
The ship was nice, the crew was great and the food was okay. The only port we liked was Key West but we knew that when we booked. All in all it was a great winter getaway. The Filipino band aboard was great. After about 10 days on the ship I realized I recognized their style of music. I recognized the lead singer/guitarist from the old HAL Westerdam we cruised in 1998. I went on line and pulled up a photo from our Shutterfly account taken of us on the dance floor with the band in the background and it was him. When I showed him the photo he choked up a little as it was his first gig with his 4 brothers who made up the band at that time. Since then one brother had passed away and all the others except him have quit the music business. Twenty years later his present band is still playing the same type of great dance music.

So sorry to hear about your Mom. It must have been a difficult time for you - thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 

How great that the lead singer is still performing with cruise ships 20 years later. I know several musicians who have done cruise ship gigging, and it's not a glamorous job and hard way to earn money for most, and I don't know of any who have survived cruise ship performing for very long. Your photos must have brought back some fond and bittersweet memories for him. 

I'm glad to hear you had a great B2B even though the ports weren't the best. You two always look like you're having a great time from your photos, and I bet you would be a fun couple to cruise with. Hope to see you both on board one day!??️

21 hours ago, Rharvey999 said:

We leave on the Vision this Saturday for a b2b as well.  Any update on Coco Cay?  Still tendering?  Our time in Nassau will be short I am sure.  Not my favorite. 

According to RCI’s latest blog post, the new pier completion was pushed back yet again and won’t be finished now until March. So looks like you’ll be tendering, though I’ve heard some have not been able to render recently because of high winds, or have been re-routed somewhere else altogether. 

Either way, enjoy your cruise and tell us all about it when you return!?