• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Titanic II scheduled for 2022

Rate this topic

zebra

Just saw on the news evening that the Titanic II which is a replica of the ill-fated ship but with modern technology, will sail from Dubai in 2022 on a 2 week voyage to Southampton. It will then sail on the exact course en route to New York that the original ship took on that fateful last journey.  So how do you all feel about cruising on this cruise ship?  I must say I like the fact that the interior and exterior will be an exact replica ...... your thoughts?

I think it would be a very interesting cruise and lovers of all things Titanic will love it. Blue Star Line has very little info on their site about Titanic II, but I'm definitely curious as to what the prices will be. It looks like it's going to be a near exact replica - except for the ticket prices, of course!?

I wonder, also, what happens to the ship when the novelty wears off. It's definitely being built for a specific specialty and audience, but is that audience large enough to keep customers coming? We'll see!

I think it is being built with the British cruisers in mind, and typically they like much more formal and structured cruising ....... not like us uber casual Americans ? So being based out of Southampton I think they have a pretty big niche of British and European cruisers who would support them.  I sailed once on Cunard and found it way too formal for my liking but the UK passengers love it!

Agree with you all.  I do have to say that I am not superstitious in any way, and I would love to see everything on the ship, but might still feel a little uncomfortable at times remembering the movie and all.