• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

cruisinkim, Welcome to CruiseCrazies!

Rate this topic

Jason

Hey cruisinkim,

Welcome to CruiseCrazies!  I encourage you to take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the many features and friendly faces you'll be seeing around.  Some basics on getting started:

The complete guide to "Getting Started" is available here.  

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!  See you around! ?

Welcome aboard @cruisinkim ! Whether you're a seasoned cruiser or planning your first, we welcome your comments, cruise stories and questions and look forward to seeing more of you around our friendly community. ??

Welcome Aboard, Kim!  Glad to have you here at Cruise Crazies!  We DO know how to cruise and determined to do it as often as possible, lol.  Have you got any cruises coming up or any destinations you are looking at next?  (And we would love to hear about some of your previous cruises as well!)

1 hour ago, AndiD said:

Welcome Aboard, Kim!  Glad to have you here at Cruise Crazies!  We DO know how to cruise and determined to do it as often as possible, lol.  Have you got any cruises coming up or any destinations you are looking at next?  (And we would love to hear about some of your previous cruises as well!)

Oh yes.  Nothing like cruising!  No cruises for a while.  Sorry to say.  I need my sea legs back ASAP tho!!  I was an agent in NYC and cruised fairly often at the time.  I was fortunate enough to have five wks. vacation.  However, my career was cut short with 9-11.  The agency I was working at was a corp. agency with a cruise department.  Our client was Canter Fitzgerald.  That lost so many people at WTC.  I am happy to announce I will be working for Princess Cruises starting next month. ?  As an agent in NYC I was very fortunate to sail on a number of inaugural sailings and in-pier overnights, experience ship inspections, luncheons, etc.  The ships I have sailed on, excluding the aforementioned, are Premier/Big Red Boat (Key West/Bahamas), Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas (E. Caribbean) and Song Of America (Bermuda), Holland America Veendam (E. Caribbean), Disney Magic (Bahamas), Crystal Symphony (Mediterranean).  Some I can't recall right now!   If  you call Princess and you have an existing reservation, you might speak to me! ?  

Kim, I'm sorry to hear about your career cut short by 9/11. I can imagine how devastating it must have been for you, but glad to hear you are back in the cruise industry again. Many of our CruiseCrazies are big fans of Princess, including myself. In fact, we have a group here going on the Caribbean Princess on August 9th, Quebec to New York, if you or anyone you know would like to join us. Will you be working the agent or group call centers at Princess, as well? If so, we might meet over the phone one day!?

Hi Jan.  I will be working from home, not in a res center, per se.   ?  Does anyone have experience with the inside and outside cabins?  They look extremely small!  And no where to sit but beds and a desk chair?  Is that correct?  Any advice?  Thank you! 

I unfortunately won't be traveling for a while. ?  Training is a month.  I won't be live on the phones until March, I believe. There are block out periods and I believe I don't receive my vacation time for a year.  Funny I was looking at the Regal and Caribbean today!  I am studying.  ahem... lol 

18 hours ago, cruisinkim said:

Hi Jan.  I will be working from home, not in a res center, per se.   ?  Does anyone have experience with the inside and outside cabins?  They look extremely small!  And no where to sit but beds and a desk chair?  Is that correct?  Any advice?  Thank you! 

Yes, one of the downsides of Princess, no sofas in the standard balcony, outside and interior. Deluxe balcony, minis and suites have the sofa. I don’t find the cabins to be any smaller than the other lines, though you’d have to check the square footage. 

Kim,  I am a Princess fan as well, although you are right about no seating other than the bed and the vanity chair.  The cabins are better in the new ships, especially the bathrooms on the Royal class.  But what we like about Princess is the consistency of the experience.  We can count on nice public lounges and spaces, the quality of bar service and entertainment, etc.  We particularly like the International Cafe and the Vines Wine Bar - they are comfortable and friendly spaces for us.  And on Royal....Alfredo's for sure!!!  And the Ice Cream Parlor, lol!   My new favorite ship is the Coral - I think the decor and ambiance in the lounges and theaters is beautiful...the warm, wood tones and cozy feel.  That is so cool that you will be working for them!