• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Fire Destoys Princess Cays

Rate this topic

Jan115

I just ran across an article in my FB feed by the Bahama Press that Princess Cruise’s private island of Princess Cays was gutted by fire this morning - how awful!?

Photo by Bahama Press

DF45E06C-1DB5-4225-8B73-E48A9674D688.jpeg.1feb4fc48b4f0da1a52aeb13aa5a1861.jpeg

Edited by Jan115

I’m happy to report word from Princess that the fire was confined to the staff operation buildings and did not involve the guest areas of the island and that, except for one public restroom, non of the cruise line’s itineraries were affected. Calls will resume to the island on Feb. 4th with the Regal Princess. Meanwhile, the fire is under investigation.

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:26 PM, Jan115 said:

I’m happy to report word from Princess that the fire was confined to the staff operation buildings and did not involve the guest areas of the island and that, except for one public restroom, non of the cruise line’s itineraries were affected. Calls will resume to the island on Feb. 4th with the Regal Princess. Meanwhile, the fire is under investigation.

I sure wish CCL would post something because folks on their FB page are going NUTS!!!!

This is the complete message I received from a Princess VP of Sales:

“I'm happy to report that we will resume calls to Princess Cays, our exclusive island in the Bahamas, on Feb 4 with Regal Princess. No Princess Cruises itineraries were impacted by the recent fire on Jan 28. 

Several operations buildings on the south side of the island were damaged, but no guest-facing facilities were impacted (except one of several available public restrooms.) All guest facilities have been inspected, and reported safe and operational. In the staff-only operations areas, work is already underway to restore the affected buildings and equipment.

There were no guests at Princess Cays at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire is currently under investigation.”

Not sure why nothing was posted on the Princess website.