• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Comparing alcoholic mixed drinks between Royal and Norwegian.

Rate this topic

Jenny719

I'm not a huge drinker on board, so maybe I'm not the most qualified to answer, but I think drink quality is pretty much the same across all the major cruise lines - hit or miss, sometimes heavy on the alcohol, sometimes light. I think it depends on the mood of the bartender serving you. ? I can say, though, that NCL's drink package has become ridiculously expensive to purchase at $99/per person, per day, probably because they have to make up the fact that they've been giving it away as part of their Free at Sea promo for a very long time. 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:14 AM, KeithnRita said:

We've not noticed a difference between the two and also on Carnival for mixed drinks. They all seem about the same. However on our most recent RCI cruise they offered us a better discount for booking the drink package on line.

Same here - we are cruising RCI in March and they first started advertising 20% off the drink package but we didn't bite....low and behold, this past weekend it was up to 30% off....we bit.  Not sure if it will go higher, but we thought 30% off a fair price.

• 3 weeks later...

Drink strenght is hit or miss across the cruise lines. Just got off Royal Allure and I can tell you that the service in most of the bar areas has become practically nonexistent. I had to schlep drinks for my girlfriend and I all week. I guess with the drink package they figure they already have your money so they don't need to provide service. I'm the one on vacation and I resent having to stand in line to get my own drinks and then paying a 18% gratuity on top of it all. They should be paying me if I'm working!