• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Cruise Review: Canada/New England with the Crazies

Rate this topic

AndiD

On 9/18/2019 at 8:10 AM, jacketwatch said:

Ok Jan got it. I must say this is intriguing. Our Canada/NE cruise did not include Quebec and those French Canadian stops. Our was out of NYC with stops in Portland, Halifax, Boston and St. John. Hmmm.

HI Larry,  I know Jan will try to help explain your airplane questions but on the subject of Quebec....I highly recommend it!  We spent two days there prior to the cruise, and then overnighted there on the cruise and it still was not enough.  The atmosphere with everyone out strolling, especially in the evening, with street entertainers, art vendors, sidewalk cafes, the lights overlooking the seaway....it is magical.  And taking the funicular between upper town and lower town seems so quaint and old-fashioned.  And you alight on a pedestrian cobblestone street lined with little boutiques, ice cream shops and restaurants.  It is so rich in history as well and the scenery...wow!  Yes...we will go back!

On 9/18/2019 at 9:10 AM, jacketwatch said:

Ok Jan got it. I must say this is intriguing. Our Canada/NE cruise did not include Quebec and those French Canadian stops. Our was out of NYC with stops in Portland, Halifax, Boston and St. John. Hmmm.

Yes, it was exciting. I’ve done the typical Portland, Halifax, St. John run a couple times, so when I saw the Quebec-NYC route, I knew I had to do those St. Lawrence River ports.🙂

Not sure, Larry. Is the flight a code share with another airline? If so, the operating carrier will have the seat selection. Sometimes airlines just make certain seats unavailable for selection. Or maybe it’s a tech error on the part of UA. Call the airline, they can tell you.

Thank you. I got the seats directly from UA using saver awards, no code share though the other legs, PEK-DEL and DEL-ORD are thru star alliance partners.  Originally it was a 2-2-2 configuration but now it’s a 2-4-2. I understand the 2-2-2 has the new Polaris seats while the 2-4-2 has the old biz seats with Polaris amenities. 

• 1 month later...