• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

MSC Cruise Lines

Rate this topic

I have two cruises planned on MSC cruise lines this year, one in June and one in October.  This will be my 12th and 13th Cruise. This will be my first time to cruise on this cruise line, I would welcome any members comments pro or con of previous experience with this cruise line.  I’m excited about experiencing a new cruise line snd at the same time a little nervous.

People seem to love them or hate them. Cruisers are attracted to their low prices. Complaints revolve around their slow service in the dining rooms, unfriendly staff, and terrible customer service from the MSC phone reps. They also need to improve their technology. From a TA point of view (my own observations), their booking system and guest invoices are convoluted and not user friendly. To be fair, the unfriendly staff reports could be based on the fact that they are a European cruise line with European customs, and the staff may simply be following their ways of not bothering the clients unless requested. Same thing with dining. European meals take hours and they are not rushed, and the cruise ships, at least the ones in Europe, tend to follow this trend. I do understand that the ships that are home ported in the US do appeal to the US way of cruising and are making improvements in some areas. I have clients cruising them in a week, and I’ll follow up with a report.

• 3 weeks later...

Gene, 

Are you cruising from one of the U.S. ports? If so, you may not notice that huge of a difference compared to the MSC European sailings. From what I hear, their cruises from the U.S. are more "Americanized" and more in line with what the traditional U.S. mainstream cruiser is used to. Don't let us scare you. Go, have a great time, and form your own opinion. Can't wait to hear more!😀

Oh great! Thank you so much for the good report, I appreciate it.  The New England/Canada cruise in October is on one of their newer Mega ships and it looks very beautiful. 
thanks again!

cruzngene