• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Should I cruise in March?

Rate this topic

revere

Hi, 

I need to know. I have 2 kids, and I'm going with my best friend who also has 2 kids. 4 adults and 4 toddlers. We can't end up in quarantine on a cruise ship for a month with us each getting the virus 1 by 1. We leave March 7th on Royal Caribbean out of Sydney to the South Pacific, but we're really worried. 

Thoughts? 

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise. My advice is to keep updated on the cruise line alerts and the CDC Coronavirus website, and don’t let the media reports scare you. You’re in the penalty phase of your booking now, so ask yourself can you tolerate the money you may lose if you cancel. I am cruising in March, too (Baja, Mexico), although I don’t have kids traveling with me to worry about. I plan on going, taking all the necessary precautions, and will hope for the best. With all the many, many ships sailing without issue, chances are good that you’ll be fine. But it would all depend on your comfort level, and only you can make that decision.🙂