• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Virgin's Scarlet Lady - The Good and the Bad

Rate this topic

Jan115

I thought I'd share this very honest review by "Emma Cruises" on her YouTube channel, which echoes my sentiments just from her ship tour. Let me know what you think after watching the video.

What I Hated and What I Loved about Scarlet Lady (Emma Cruises)

WOW!  Well...I have started this post over several times because I just don't know how to word it well, I guess.  I definitely am NOT the demographic they are trying to appeal to and that's okay because right off the bat I cannot see myself in that cabin.  I really did not like the layout or look of it, even though I am also an IKEA fan.  There are just too many little things either missing or oddly placed to make me comfortable.  The pool (is it really a pool?) is ridiculous.  I would be interested to see how many deck chairs they put out as that is where you will find me always on sea days.  The public rooms look beautiful and the show they trailered looked great.  The prices are definitely NOT great.  Good luck, Virgin - it will be interesting to watch how this goes!

I think they must have ordered the kiddie splash pool by mistake.🤣 

Even before the reviewer in the video said it, I thought "Ikea". The price tag for a ship filled with Ikea-like furnishings at some $1,500 pp for a 5-day cruise seems a tad out of reach for some of its targeted audience of young adults paying off college loans. They wanted to build outside the box, and that's certainly what they did. I am interested to see how Virgin does with this.