• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Favorite Cruise Activities???

Rate this topic

Hey everyone!!!

I am currently in the process of booking a cruise for this winter assuming things get better with the virus by then. I will most likely be booking a Carnival cruise. However, I have looked into Royal Caribbean as well because I have been told it entails a lot of great things. I've cruised a few times on Carnival and Norwegian but feel that I could have been more active on the ship itself. What are some activities or experiences you guys make sure to do each cruise? I know Carnival has a lot of onboard activities such as the shows. Also any suggestions on ports of call? I went to the Bahamas in January and would probably like to venture somewhere else.

Glad to hear you’re thinking optimistically and planning now for next year! I am a pretty sedentary person on a cruise, preferring to lounge in a chair and nap or read most of the day, which is why I gravitate towards Princess and to smaller ships. I love the production shows at night, and Norwegian does a great job with their Broadway series. If you’re the type that likes non stop entertainment, you can’t go wrong with NCL and Carnival. For even more activity and people watching, though, you might want to try Royal’s Oasis class ships with their Floating-resort feel and “neighborhoods”, and a cabin overlooking Central Park or Boardwalk. If you’re traveling with a family of varying ages, these ships have something for everyone.

For ports, I love The NYC or Boston to Bermuda cruises. The ship sits in port for three days with plenty of opportunity to explore the island.

Any of the cruise line private islands (Cococay, Great Stirrup Cay) are always a great beach day. My favorite Caribbean ports have been St. Maarten, Aruba, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. 

Caribbean is nice but my all-time fave destinations are Alaska, Norway, Mediterranean, and the British Isles.

Check out some of the recent reviews here on CruiseCrazies for more inspiration.

Have fun on your cruise!

• 2 weeks later...