• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

CDC Allows Return to Cruising - Thoughts??

Rate this topic

Jan115

Let’s get some discussion going.

What are your thoughts on the CDC lifting the no-sail order? Will you cruise as soon as November if the cruise line says it’s safe? Or will you take a wait and see approach? What do you think about all the protocols the lines are implementing? Will you cruise if the only way to get off the ship in port is by organized cruise ship excursion?

This is an important topic to all of us, so tell us what you think!

I have 4 cruises booked for 2021, my earliest being in June.  I am hoping things will settle down by then and all will go as planned.  I would not be opposed to sailing as soon as ships as ready and I am not opposed to any of the measures that I have read about as far as wearing masks, testing, distancing, etc.  I am not opposed to going on structured shore excursions.  I think all of these measures are necessary to resume sailing successfully and I am worried that if the cruise lines cannot sail soon, they will not be able to stay "afloat" - (pun intended/not intended - take it as you wish!)