• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Join Me on A Virtual Cruise - Sky Princess, 11/05/2020

Rate this topic

Jan115

This is a virtual cruise, a tale of what might have been. For if it weren’t for Coronavirus, my husband David and I plus four other friends and relatives would have been vacationing together at this very moment. Since I haven’t been any place interesting enough to write about in the past year, I thought I’d write about this, what would have been the last of our three canceled cruises this year, a fate due to the global suspension of cruise ship sailings in 2020. So, here it is, my story of what might have been, based somewhat on our usual cruising routine. Perhaps it’s the next best thing to being there! Of course, Since I’m not really here, I have no photos to share. The photos you see are either free stock photos or those I am permitted to use from Princess Cruise Line. Read more and follow along on my Blog: https://sevenseajourneys.wordpress.com/2020/11/05/a-virtual-caribbean-cruise-sky-princess-nyc-to-ft-lauderdale-11-05-2020/

Edited by Jan115

A Virtual Caribbean Cruise, Sky Princess Day 2, 11/06/2020

Is there anything more beautiful than waking up to a magical sunrise on the ocean? This is what I've missed most about cruising. Sure, I can see a sunrise from anywhere I live on the East Coast. But that requires David coaxing me out of bed, into the car and driving there. A cruise, on the other hand, only requires lifting one's head off the pillow, climbing out of the bed, shuffling to the balcony and simply stepping out for the morning sunrise. Read more and follow along on my Blog: https://sevenseajourneys.wordpress.com/2020/11/06/a-virtual-caribbean-cruise-continued-day-2-11-06-20/

• 2 weeks later...

We disembarked our virtual cruise on Sunday, November 15. Rather than post a day-to-day account here, to save time, please read the blog.

I am glad I wrote this report because it made me feel like I was there. Even though my husband and I weren't really there, we feel like we have become familiar with the ship, thanks to all the great onboard photos from Princess used with permission.  

If you didn't get a chance to read my report, check it out here on my Travel Journal Blog. It's divided into days, so need to be overwhelmed if you read a day at a time. 

IMG_6899.JPG

Edited by Jan115